Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by tonio028, Sep 22, 2009.

1. JO3B

JO3B Senior member

please no.

2. jwkicks

jwkicks Senior member

Went to the Dallas BB today. No extra slim dress shirts, only sports shirts. I was told that for the most part BB stores now only carry non-iron dress shirts. So ordered a few OBCD online. I see they now have blue and red striped OBCD (which must have just popped up or that I somehow never noticed before).

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

went to the stony point BB here and tried on some of the super slim fit sport shorts.. ended up leaving with a blue in L. the collar/neck/shoulder fit perfectly with a great roll. chest/sleeves/body is a little big but a wash might fix that, and it not, minor tailoring

im a BIG fan

4. cchen

cchen Senior member

went to the stony point BB here and tried on some of the super slim fit sport shorts.. ended up leaving with a blue in L. the collar/neck/shoulder fit perfectly with a great roll. chest/sleeves/body is a little big but a wash might fix that, and it not, minor tailoring

im a BIG fan

Yeah, Im suprised there isn't more love for them here. They're the best fitting OTR shirt I've found

5. relax99

relax99 Well-Known Member

which shirt is of better quality, the new BrooksCoolĂ‚[​IMG] Extra-Slim Fit Washed Oxford Sport Shirt from brooks brothers or the custom fit oxford from ralph lauren? They are about the same price. Which would be shorter? I intend to wear them untucked.

6. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

Ideally I'd have 7 blue OCBDs and get them monogrammed MON, TUE, WED, and so on and be set for life on shirts.

xchen, you put the OCD in OCBD.

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Finally, my white oxfords shipped. I should get it next week.
    Today, I received the order I placed last week.
    [​IMG]

8. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

I ordered and received some today. I thought the fit was great, almost as good as RLBL. My only gripe was that both the whites (I ordered pinpoint and broadcloth) are still wayyyyy too see-through to wear sans undershirt unless you're uber-tan/dark, which I am not. The blue one is a keeper, and I suppose I'll just exchange the others for some striped ones.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Yeah, the white shirt is definitely see through but doesn't bother me much since I wear an undershirt most of the time anyways. Good enough as a beater white shirt.

10. Captain Winky

Yeah, the white shirt is definitely see through but doesn't bother me much since I wear an undershirt most of the time anyways. Good enough as a beater white shirt.

That's true, a very good price for a shirt that fits that well and is relatively well made. However, since I'm about 70/30 no undershirt/undershirt, I feel as though perhaps a second blue shirt would be a good bet, since there are very few places I need white and can't wear light blue.

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Yeah that was the second blue ESF shirt I got from BB and it is a lot darker than the first one I got (oxford) but I like it. I also have a white oxford coming, which I am hoping isn't too see through because I got the off-white oxford version (ecru color iirc) and it is pretty thick and not see-through. I'd suggest you give that one a try.

12. Captain Winky

Yeah that was the second blue ESF shirt I got from BB and it is a lot darker than the first one I got (oxford) but I like it. I also have a white oxford coming, which I am hoping isn't too see through because I got the off-white oxford version (ecru color iirc) and it is pretty thick and not see-through. I'd suggest you give that one a try.

Good to know, you'll have to report back on the white Oxford. Otherwise, I'm going to get the pink oxford and either the ecru or yellow oxford.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

It should arrive next week, waited 2.5 months for it to even ship.

14. 1969

1969 Senior member

Just looking at the website and now the only extra-slim fit shirts have that god damned logo on them. Not a huge problem as the standard slim fit is fine for me, but I hope they don't start slapping that thing all over the place.

15. Captain Winky

Just looking at the website and now the only extra-slim fit shirts have that god damned logo on them. Not a huge problem as the standard slim fit is fine for me, but I hope they don't start slapping that thing all over the place.

Uh, no they don't. In the drop-down menu of dress shirts, there should be some extra slims.