1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

Brooks Brothers clearance made in USA penny loafers good deal?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by style newbie, Sep 13, 2018 at 7:15 PM.

1. style newbie

style newbie Member

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/Penny-Loafers/MH00026,default,pd.html

so i made a thread a while back about buying allen edmonds for my teaching job and a lot of responses seemed to indicate AE was the "barely worth spending on but still acceptable" category.

also from reading here, i believe these are aldens?

should i grab these?

ty!

2. breakaway01

breakaway01 Distinguished Member

I don't think these loafers are made by Alden. I think they are made by AE. At $269 these are reasonable if they fit you well, especially if you want shoes made in the USA.

3. style newbie

style newbie Member

I actually called Brooks Brothers, and I asked them if they could let me know who manufactured them, the agent told me that in fact these particular shoes are manufactured in house by Brooks Brothers themselves and they are not out sourced.

I was like, are you sure? He put me on hold and a brief time later came back and said that he had confirmed with someone else that in fact even though most of their shoes are made by peal (pear?) & Co, Alden, or Allen Edmonds, these particular shoes were one of the few styles that they are actually producing under their own brand with their own Manufacturing.

So is it worth taking a chance on? Brooks Brothers certainly has a good name, and their shirts are definitely the best I've ever owned, although not sure that that says anything about their shoes

4. Alpha11

Alpha11 Senior Member

I do not know what store you called and who you talked with however, the shoes you have posted the link for are 100% made by Allen Edmonds.

Brooks Brothers does NOT have a shoe factor in the US. Peal& Co is just a name owned by Brooks Brothers and as of 9/17/2018 the majority of their shoes under the name Peal & Co are going to be made by Crockett and Jones. Alden are the cordovan shell penny loafers and tassel loafers.

5. style newbie

style newbie Member

Okay thank you for your reply, I actually assumed what you were saying so I'm glad I was on the money.