Brooks Brothers christmas sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by forex, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

Among other things, I got a Black Fleece OCDB in white with.... ...double cuffs! Now I sin with you.
    They make this?[​IMG]
    I f'ed it further with a pink monogram up high on the sleeve, Astaire style. - B
    Not quite the word i would use. [​IMG]

2. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

How many cardigans can a guy own?
    I think that makes... two.

3. mg428

mg428 Senior member

I'd go with brown,black suede just doesn't look right.Very nice looking pair of shoes though.

OK, I don't wanna digress but let me ask something: Is there a pair of black suede shoes that you may recommended to this black-suede-hater guy which may change his mind?

I know under any circumstances I will prefer the brown over the black but I don't wanna add antoher pair of brown suedes. What I am looking for is a sufficient level of interest on my part in a pair of black suede shoes. When I see that level, it would not matter whether the brown model of the very same shoes is better.

PS. I checked the photos of C&J and EG shoes from the shoe pictorial index. There were just one or two black suede shoes, and I did not like them at all.

4. itsstillmatt

Among other things, I got a Black Fleece OCDB in white with....

...double cuffs! Now I sin with you.

I f'ed it further with a pink monogram up high on the sleeve, Astaire style.

- B

I grabbed a blue candy stripe and a houndstooth. No monograms, no french cuffs.

I also picked up a few blue OCBDs, and a few blue and white stripe ones. I really like the cut of them.

5. forex

forex Senior member

OK, I don't wanna digress but let me ask something: Is there a pair of black suede shoes that you may recommended to this black-suede-hater guy which may change his mind?

I know under any circumstances I will prefer the brown over the black but I don't wanna add antoher pair of brown suedes. What I am looking for is a sufficient level of interest on my part in a pair of black suede shoes. When I see that level, it would not matter whether the brown model of the very same shoes is better.

PS. I checked the photos of C&J and EG shoes from the shoe pictorial index. There were just one or two black suede shoes, and I did not like them at all.

Sorry,I am not into black suede at all,I can get more brown suede shoes but never black.Film Noir Buff here can help you,he may own a pair of black suede shoes.

6. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

Can any of you comment on how reliable (for lack of a better word) BB is as far as backordered items? I'm tempted to order some OCBD's, but many are out of stock with a reorder date of Jan. 16th. Hell, I may just order them given the current discounts and hope for the best.

7. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

I've had bad luck, but others have done better. I know that's not that helpful, but...

8. itsstillmatt

I've had bad luck, but others have done better. I know that's not that helpful, but...
    I've also had bad luck with this, but I figured it was just me.

9. forex

forex Senior member

Can any of you comment on how reliable (for lack of a better word) BB is as far as backordered items? I'm tempted to order some OCBD's, but many are out of stock with a reorder date of Jan. 16th. Hell, I may just order them given the current discounts and hope for the best.

I've had couple of orders that were pushed further and further but I received them eventually.BF OCBDs are made in NC so I am sure they will get them in stock one way or another.
    I am surprised that solids are still $112 and stripe shirts are $75.

10. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

Thanks for the comments. Think I'll take my chances on the shirts.

11. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

I've had couple of orders that were pushed further and further but I received them eventually.BF OCBDs are made in NC so I am sure they will get them in stock one way or another.
    I am surprised that solids are still $112 and stripe shirts are $75.

$75 - 15% for the next 38 minutes. Plus BB sent me a $20 off coupon in the mail. [​IMG]

12. Shikar

Shikar Senior member

I need to resist for only a little while longer.....its tough....[​IMG]

Regards.

13. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

$75 - 15% for the next 38 minutes. Plus BB sent me a $20 off coupon in the mail. [​IMG]

I'm not reading the site incorrectly, am I? The additional 15% online is good tonight until 11:59 pm EST?

14. itsstillmatt

But those stripes are the wrong colors, only camel and gray. [​IMG]

15. Tcameron

Tcameron Senior member

Got some good stuff at an outlet in MA - They had some amazing Black Fleece Stuff (Sweaters, Flannel suits, and Chesterfields) there too - Thank the guy responsible for this holiday sale that none of it fit too well. The Reddish Orange Chesterfields were a must have for any Dandy. I think they were $2700 originally but It was marked down to $1250 or something like that and then 50% off and another 15% off of that if you were in the store before 1pm today.