• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Brooks Brothers...Boys?

bugatti.veyron

Reaction score
Has anyone looking for slim fitting shirts tried the brooks brothers boys selection? I would never have thought of it but one of the SAs suggested I try on a size 20 (their largest one) and the fit was basically the same as the extra slim fits for like half the price...

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How short are you?

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have wondered about doing this myself, as I am short and slim. But I don't frequent Brooks that much, so never really considered looking into how exactly a boys cut differs from adult, if at all, but I suspect it does.

Poindexter

Reaction score
Just saw those the other day. I'm looking for contact data on the site; I'd like to ask them how a boy's 18 or 20 compares to a men's small. They only come in non-iron, sadly, but it's all cotton, so it'll wash out some.

Not bad looking shirts, des nei?

Aloha,

Poinz

Timeless Fashion

Reaction score
A BB SA once told me that for casual wear, the boys XL is equivalent to the mens S.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BB has extra slim fit shirts. Those should be able to fit you.

planetofsound

Reaction score
so has anyone picked up any of the sports shirts in boys size XL? would be very interested in measurements (i know there's a size chart on the BB site, but I'd be interested in actual pit-to-pit and length measurements).

there's some nice shirt options, and that 3 for $99 (plus corporate discount) is pretty tempting.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.