• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers Black Friday deals?

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by soupcxan
Anyone know if BB will have some BF deals?

i got a coupon for 40% off over thanksgiving, plus 10% on black friday. i dont have the coupon so cant give the full details ... but i'm sure someone will chime in.

ccvle

Reaction score
i got a postcard today for 15% off, plus +5% for brooks card members.

soupcxan

Reaction score
40% off would be slick, is there a code you can post for online use? Or is it a one-time use only code?

x26

Reaction score
One thing i've noticed lately with BB is that thier sizes/inventory is severely limited.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by x26
One thing i've noticed lately with BB is that thier sizes/inventory is severely limited.

This fall is maybe the first season to really be affected by smaller recession-era orders. The last couple of seasons' merchandise were ordered before things really began to go downhill. There'll probably be another season or two like this before things get back to normal.

As always, don't make the mistake of thinking that what the website shows is what's available. If there's something you're looking for, talk to an in-store sales associate and ask them to see if it can be found in other stores.

Hustle Harder

Reaction score
I believe the end of this month (possibly beginning Black Friday) they will run a 20% off promo for purchases made before 12pm. Also, free shipping as well on Black Friday and the following Saturday. There is a 20% coupon code you can find online as well.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ccvle
i got a postcard today for 15% off, plus +5% for brooks card members.

Got the same postcard.
Says 15% off Thursday and Friday until noon.
Extra 5% for using Brooks MC.

Cordovan is excluded.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by furo
Does anyone remember what sale they ran on Black Friday in 2008, and if it applied to Shell Cordovan shoes?
IIRC, the discounts last year on black Friday were better than the day after Xmas. I think it was 40% off with an additional 15% off before noon on Friday and Saturday.

There's not much if anything at all that interests me this year. I bought a few things that I really liked during F&F, but nothing is motivating me for this sale.

soupcxan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Got the same postcard.
Says 15% off Thursday and Friday until noon.
Extra 5% for using Brooks MC.

I assume this won't stack with the 15% corporate discount? In which case it's not really much different than the discount I get 364 days out of the year...they've had sales at 30%, would be a shame if BF didn't even get to that level.

As far as the inventory goes, I think stockouts are going to be a major problem this year, I was in a couple of BB stores yesterday and their selection of suits and sportcoats <40 was abysmal. If holiday sales are down this year, it will reflect overly pessimistic supply chain managers rather than consumers. Heck, you can barely find any 38R suits/coats on their website today.

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by soupcxan
I assume this won't stack with the 15% corporate discount? In which case it's not really much different than the discount I get 364 days out of the year...they've had sales at 30%, would be a shame if BF didn't even get to that level.

As far as the inventory goes, I think stockouts are going to be a major problem this year, I was in a couple of BB stores yesterday and their selection of suits and sportcoats <40 was abysmal. If holiday sales are down this year, it will reflect overly pessimistic supply chain managers rather than consumers. Heck, you can barely find any 38R suits/coats on their website today.

inventory is shot to hell. let alone 38r's my store doesn't even have enough white slim fit button downs to fill the shirt wall.

the 40% + 10% is for factory/outlet. it doesn't apply to retail stores.

Currently womens is buy 2 get 1 free
11/24 and 11/25 shirts are 2/99$ and i believe the $75 ties are 2 for 99$ as well.

Black Friday + saturday is 15% +5% for cardholders, which actually is a pretty sucky sale.

then 12/3 there's a 2 day golden fleece foundation sale, 15% with any form of payment 25% off with a brooks card

after xmas will be a higher markup for sale due to clearance at end of season, however I doubt much inventory and sizes will be left.
BB's been running on pretty much sale after sale after sale after sale. just a couple weeks ago was preferred customer, and right before that fall wardrobe, and before that friends and family. =_=

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What would be the best time to buy a 3 piece suit? Probably not Golden Fleece.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CYstyle
inventory is shot to hell. let alone 38r's my store doesn't even have enough white slim fit button downs to fill the shirt wall.

the 40% + 10% is for factory/outlet. it doesn't apply to retail stores.

Currently womens is buy 2 get 1 free
11/24 and 11/25 shirts are 2/99$ and i believe the $75 ties are 2 for 99$ as well.

Black Friday + saturday is 15% +5% for cardholders, which actually is a pretty sucky sale.

then 12/3 there's a 2 day golden fleece foundation sale, 15% with any form of payment 25% off with a brooks card

after xmas will be a higher markup for sale due to clearance at end of season, however I doubt much inventory and sizes will be left.
BB's been running on pretty much sale after sale after sale after sale. just a couple weeks ago was preferred customer, and right before that fall wardrobe, and before that friends and family. =_=

Looks like there won't be a need for me to visit BB on Black Friday this year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads