• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers Black Friday deals?

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered 2 cashmere sweaters, a pair of gray flannels and a belt strap during a 25% F&F sale at the end of September. One sweater and the belt shipped within a week. The pants were canceled on me as sold out and unavailable. The second sweater, a black turtleneck is currently showing a mid-December ship date. I can't believe a 3 month wait for a staple item. My store hasn't gotten any cashmere turtles in at all this year. Inventory is definitely way down.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thurston
I ordered 2 cashmere sweaters, a pair of gray flannels and a belt strap during a 25% F&F sale at the end of September. One sweater and the belt shipped within a week. The pants were canceled on me as sold out and unavailable. The second sweater, a black turtleneck is currently showing a mid-December ship date. I can't believe a 3 month wait for a staple item. My store hasn't gotten any cashmere turtles in at all this year. Inventory is definitely way down.
I had a BB SA search for a pair of flannel pants in September but they were already sold out. Today I didn't bother to stop in at BB but I did notice reduced inventories at a few other places with the most noticeable being Neiman Marcus.

CSandiego

Reaction score
Originally Posted by englanderjk
Great deal IMO!

Trying to use the 20% code: "Brooks20" for an online purchase to no avail (code not valid). Code expired or am I missing something?

Yeah, to my knowledge it expired on wenesday.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thurston

It does seem to be down this year, but I've experienced long delays and eventual cancellations the past 2-3 years. It's a BB thing.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CSandiego
Yeah, to my knowledge it expired on wenesday.

Today is the last day for 15% off, free shipping over $200 (I think) and another 5% if you use MC or a Brooks card.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhcam8
Today is the last day for 15% off, free shipping over $200 (I think) and another 5% if you use MC or a Brooks card.
Isn't the 15% off only until noon today or is it all day?

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I picked up my Alden PTB Shells in #8 from the store yesterday. The SA at Brooks Bros gave me the online 20% "brooks20" code as well, which, when combined with a Brooks Reward card I had, dropped the price to $186 after taxes.

Loving the color on these and wore them today
laugh.gif

Also, fwiw, the 8D fit me perfectly so I'm glad I sized down a 1/2 size on the Barrie last

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by furo
Well, I picked up my Alden PTB Shells in #8 from the store yesterday. The SA at Brooks Bros gave me the online 20% "brooks20" code as well, which, when combined with a Brooks Reward card I had, dropped the price to $186 after taxes.

Loving the color on these and wore them today
laugh.gif

Also, fwiw, the 8D fit me perfectly so I'm glad I sized down a 1/2 size on the Barrie last

Fantastic price!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaytalon
When is the next BB F&F sale?
Isn't the next one around March? I hope they have better discounts for the day after Christmas compared to what they had Black Friday.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dec. 26th used to be terrific prices at BB...not last year, and probably not this year either.

shasta

Reaction score
paying retail at brooks bros is like wiping before you poop - dont make no sense

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbadbuff
Dec. 26th used to be terrific prices at BB...not last year, and probably not this year either.
Black Friday did, too, until this year.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do we know what the discounts will be like for Dec. 26? Anyone confirmed it with the store?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads