• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Brooks Brothers BLACK FLEECE (THOM BROWNE) 3-2 Roll Grey Fox Flannel Wool Suit, Made by Caruso (Ital

Status
Not open for further replies.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite possibly my most painful B&S listing yet, my beloved Black Fleece suit that I've owned for approximately 2 years now.

It is from F/W '07, one of the first years of BF and when Thom Browne was still having the suits made by the venerated Italian tailoring house, Caruso. Retail ran approximately about $2,000 for both the jacket and pants. I personally paid about $450, and have spent over $150 in tailoring. I'm taking a serious loss here.

It is composed of 100% fox flannel wool, and it's wonderfully thick and drapes beautifully, and has an exceptionally soft hand. It is lined in 70% cotton/30% polyamide, and has cupro sleeves. The pants are also partially lined. The color is this awesome medium grey that is very warm and slightly variegated up close or in direct light. It is a 3-2 roll collar with slim lapels, and dark mahogany colored horn buttons. 2 patch pockets, 1 interior pocket and a chest pocket. It is double vented, and has a signature TB loop detail below the back of the collar (the collar is also lined with a contrasting grey wool underneath). Made in Italy.

Now, for the fit and tailoring. I originally devised this suit to be a slightly more dress-appropriate play on Thom Browne's signature slim/cropped suit aesthetic, but now that I've moved away from that style, I realize that the tailoring was done too extreme for me to wear. I am a 36/38R and this suit has been tailored to best suit a 36S, or possibly a 36R with shorter arms. Of the work I've done on it, I've shortened the rise of the pants, tapered and hemmed them, and opened the split waistband slightly. For the jacket I shortened, then relengthened the arms (more on that later), slimmed it mid-waist, and had the arms slimmed slightly as well.

The condition, despite its 6+ years of age, is a solid 8/10. There is some slight discoloration around the upper back of the inside of the jacket, but it is unseen when worn. It could use some ironing but it's otherwise a-ok! One thing to note (and something I've included in the pics) is that because I had previously tailored the sleeves too short, the only way for me to lengthen them was to have a tailor take extra material underneath and attach it via a visible seam that forms a sort of "cuff" that's about an inch wide at the base of the sleeve. Now, if someone is ok with this look, the jacket then should fit a regular sleeve length wearer fine, but if someone is shorter or has shorter arms, I would be happy to take it back to the tailor and have them undo this, free of charge.

Measurements for Jacket
Shoulders (from front): 17"
Chest: 19"
Length (from back, top of collar): 30"
Sleeve length (w/ cuff, from top): 25.5"
Sleeve length (without cuff, from top): 24.25"
Midwaist: 17.5" (at slimmest point)
Low waist: 19"

Measurements for Pants
Waist: 16" (Material to let out)
Rise: 11.25"
Thighs: 11.25-11.5"
Inseam: 29"
Hem: 7"

I'm still rather hesitant to sell, but am interested in trades for possibly another slim suit (not navy) in 36/38R, or a cool piece of outerwear.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.