• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers/Black Fleece Perforated Boot

mg428

Reaction score
All I know is, according to JayJay, a SF member, the soles are rubber and not leather unlike the description of boots on the website.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mg428
All I know is, according to JayJay, a SF member, the soles are rubber and not leather unlike the description of boots on the website.
In addition to the rubber sole, it has a perforated cap and broguing.

mg428

Reaction score
Does someone have some photos of these perforated boots? Or the paddock boots?

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Paddock Boot. You have to click around the site a bit more. Look under "accessories".
menaccessories751zoomcf6.jpg

The BF shoes are pretty nice in real life, but kinda spendy. rebranded Church's maybe?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Parker, those are not the perf-cap version.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Parker, those are not the perf-cap version.

Those are BF version. I grabbed the light brown PB (C&J) during that last sale and am very happy with them. Didn't like the BF version as much. The BF saddle shoe is bloody great.

There still are some BF leftovers from last year at 70% off on Madison. If it fits it's hard to beat a cashmere overcoat for $575.

lefty

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Those are BF version. I grabbed the light brown PB (C&J) during that last sale and am very happy with them. Didn't like the BF version as much. The BF saddle shoe is bloody great.

There still are some BF leftovers from last year at 70% off on Madison. If it fits it's hard to beat a cashmere overcoat for $575.

lefty

lefty,
what else do they have?Any pants?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty

lefty

There are two BF versions. That's, like, the whole point of this thread.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the navigation of the BF section. Is there a SECRET DECODER?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No. It just sucks.

Catechumen

Reaction score
Please DON'T post a picture, now. I cancelled my order at the $400+ 15% off price for the perforated boot, and the last thing I want is to see is a picture of a great looking boot - it will just make me regret my decision. On the other hand, if the boot kinda' sucks - post away.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
I don't understand the navigation of the BF section. Is there a SECRET DECODER?
phew i thought i was the only one who couldn't see the king's invisible clothing!
Originally Posted by Catechumen
Please DON'T post a picture, now. I cancelled my order at the $400+ 15% off price for the perforated boot, and the last thing I want is to see is a picture of a great looking boot - it will just make me regret my decision. On the other hand, if the boot kinda' sucks - post away.
15% off from corporate discount?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
lefty,
what else do they have?Any pants?

Some gray flannel at about $160. Some yellowish twill at about $140.

Call.

Originally Posted by grimslade
There are two BF versions. That's, like, the whole point of this thread.

Right. What? I only saw the one posted at the shop. At any rate, I just glanced at it as I was drawn to the saddle shoe.

lefty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads