• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Brooks Brothers "Artisan?"

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone see the new Brooks Brother's new "Artisan" line? I was in their Washington DC store yesterday and noticed some new sport coats, shirts and sweaters. Very nice brown wool/silk sport coat made in Italy with leather behind the collar and a price point of $1100, same as the full retail 1818 suits. Just curious to know if anyone can tell me who makes it or can comment on the quality?

Of note, their website does not list the "artisan" that is on the label. They are only cut in regular sizes and do not follow the usual naming conventions, no Fitzgerald, Madison, etc.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Donegal-Jacket/MM00291,default,pd.html?dwvar_MM00291_Color=DKBR&contentpos=56&cgid=0217

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Windowpane-Jacket/MM00294,default,pd.html?dwvar_MM00294_Color=BRWN&contentpos=51&cgid=0217

pwhinson

Reaction score
I really liked the Artisan line and yes they're made in Italy and the collars and sleeves are attached by hand. Light or no canvassing and spalla camicia (?) shoulder/sleeve work. Admittedly I'm no expert by any means but the jackets look great to me I was at Brooks here in Atlanta for their President's Day sale and alot of the Artisan product was on sale for 40-50% off. Nice stuff but my SA there told me the line really hasn't done very well its in its second year, and they may discontinue it. Pity because it looked like great stuff. If I hadn't just spend $3500 on a sale Kiton jacket at NM I would have made a purchase today.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They finally got in on the short, tight "slim fit" band wagon
maybe five years into the fad. Leave it to BB, for the past
couple of decades the firm has half-heartedly embraced
fashion trends while at the same time gradually abandoning
the high quality conservative styles that made them famous.
Anyone remember "Brooks English" ?

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I normally wear the Fitzgerald fit in 42L but the Artisan line seems a little too short for me. I don't think the DC store even carries that line anymore. Georgetown might as they have Black Fleece and the trendier stuff.

Quality seems very nice, though.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 58 17.8%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 110 33.7%
  • 8”

Votes: 96 29.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 11.0%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.1%