• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers 346 Madison -- suit sale

johnnynorman

Reaction score
Hey, guys. There are a ton of Golden Fleece suits on sale on the 4th floor, in lots of sizes, for $498. These include a lot of winter weight suits, but also some great four season glen plaids. Many of them are the Fall 2005 Golden Fleeces, which retailed for $1700 -- double vents, ticket pockets, higher two button, pockets with bluffed edges, etc. Very cool stuff, and quite a steal.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnnynorman
Hey, guys. There are a ton of Golden Fleece suits on sale on the 4th floor, in lots of sizes, for $498. These include a lot of winter weight suits, but also some great four season glen plaids. Many of them are the Fall 2005 Golden Fleeces, which retailed for $1700 -- double vents, ticket pockets, higher two button, pockets with bluffed edges, etc. Very cool stuff, and quite a steal.
Thanks very much for the tip. I wonder when they will be having a 25% off sale to lay on top of that price. Does anyone know?

billiebob

Reaction score
This is very good news. Typically you can apply the 25% off to the 4th floor suits. This would bring last years GF down to $325!

Also, J-Press is having a 25% off private sale starting yesterday and going through the weekend I think. I just glanced at the card so I'm not totalyl sure on the dates. Might be a good time to pick up a tropical weight suit for 350 or so if the cut works for you. I'm going to get a lobster belt at least.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just called and got the last 36S. The 25% off isn't until June 5, so I figured it would be best just to grab it now. Unfortunately, it's center vent. Ah welll.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently it's gray with a brown stripe, 2 button, center vent, retail was $1700.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hmmmm, i just might have to drop in when i go to NYC on June 9th....

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
great tip on this guys ....... dropped by the Madison Ave. store right after work, picked up a solid light grey light weight golden fleece. Double vented, very nice, think its super 120. However, it was only retail for 1200.
I checked, most of the 1700+ suits for winter havey flannel suits, and a lot of them were double breasted, so it didn't really fit me.

I mentioned to the salesperson, she said if the June 5th 25% sale covers the Golden Fleece line as well ( which I assume it will ), she will give a price adjustment. So I guess you should grad it now instead of waiting, good deals on them if you could find a suit you like.

A question , do any of you guys know if the Golden Fleece suits by BB are fully Canvassed and hand stiched??

thanks,
Allan

mikeynyc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
I just called and got the last 36S. The 25% off isn't until June 5, so I figured it would be best just to grab it now. Unfortunately, it's center vent. Ah welll.

funny, I was at that rack when the salesperson picked it up off the rack.

So they will adjust the price? How does that work? Just show up with the receipt on june 5th?

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
she gave me her card, told me she will call me if sales could be applied to my suit ..... yea, just show up with the receipt and find your salesperson to get some $$ back

johnnynorman

Reaction score
That's a nice offer. 346's MO is to raise the price of the sale suits when the 25% off sale hits -- hopefully they won't do that this time.

FYI, the $1700 GF's are mostly fall/winter weight flannels. But there are at least two -- a light grey glen plaid and a brownish grey glen plaid -- that are four season weight. The latter is especially nice, though I saw only a few of them in the 38 thru 42 size. The lighter grey had at least three in size 40R when I was there on Monday.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads