1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Brooks Brothers 3 roll-2 Navy Blazer

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by BaronDriver, Sep 2, 2014.

1. BaronDriver

BaronDriver Member

Gentlemen,

I'm slowly expanding my classic menswear collection and am in the process of replacing the Ralph Lauren Navy Blazer that served me well through college. I would like to purchase a classically styled blazer at a competitive price-point and because I am still seeking employment in the legal field after recently taking the bar, I am relegated to the pre-owned market. I ask you wise fellows if this is a classic "3 roll-2 blazer" and if so, do you think it would prove valuable in my wardrobe. Finally, what are your thoughts on the price? I have seen many "Brooksgate" blazers on ebay but would prefer to steer clear. Any advice, criticisms, or help would be greatly appreciated. Please excuse the goober model.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/198606...age=1&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

Thanks

2. bradp

bradp Well-Known Member

Kinda tough to tell from the pictures, but from what I'm able to see, looks like a 3 button blazer. The third hold on a 3r2 would be much further under the lapel

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  3. comrade

comrade Well-Known Member

Sounds like the Brooks blazer that I wore at an Ivy League college in the 60s. The only detail omitted were
    welted seams.