• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brother Made in Thailand suits?

atila

Reaction score
So I went into a BB store yesterday and after looking at a few suits the salesman suggested I also consider these factory sent suits that are the exact same material and cuts BB uses except they are produced in Thailand.

They are 2 for $799 and it was for the Regent cut. You're given 5 staple colors to choose from (Navy, Charcoal, etc) but aren't customizable otherwise (comes with center vent, standard lapel style, etc).

The salesperson told me flat out he thinks these suits are a better value than paying $800+ for the Fitzgerald that I was looking at which he said was of better quality but not worth the price difference.

Anyways, I have no experience with BB suits in the first place, so I was curious to hear opinions on these made in Thailand versions.

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by atila
So I went into a BB store yesterday and after looking at a few suits the salesman suggested I also consider these factory sent suits that are the exact same material and cuts BB uses except they are produced in Thailand.

They are 2 for $799 and it was for the Regent cut. You're given 5 staple colors to choose from (Navy, Charcoal, etc) but aren't customizable otherwise (comes with center vent, standard lapel style, etc).

The salesperson told me flat out he thinks these suits are a better value than paying $800+ for the Fitzgerald that I was looking at which he said was of better quality but not worth the price difference.

Anyways, I have no experience with BB suits in the first place, so I was curious to hear opinions on these made in Thailand versions.

I find it funny that Brooks Brothers does not even have stores in Thailand, but they have made their items here?

I need to find out where they made all these suits..... INTERESTING!

atila

Reaction score
From my understanding, these are ready made suits that ARE produced in Thailand and are of slightly lesser quality than the normal BB suits. I was hoping someone had an experience with them...

Johnny24

Reaction score
Many around here say to buy one nice item at a time and build a wardrobe that way,
foo.gif
, but that can't always be the case if you need some suits for starting a new career or for travel purposes. Most of the factory store suits I have seen are "Brooks Stretch" which is 97% wool and 3% lycra, I would not say that is a great value at those prices, and it is not the same as a 100% wool suit but you can so much worse. I thought I saw on here that Brooks is redoing their factory offerings making them more in line with the BrooksEase, which is 100% wool but made in the USA (maybe you came across a factory location with this already in place but the suits are Thai made), if that is the case I would say it is a solid value for some starter suits; you can always build out and replace from there as your bankroll grows. Their Suiting Essential line is a blend that is "imported" and they are offering the same price deal you mentioned, unlike most blends you are getting half canvassed jackets so they will drape better but they might not feel as comfortable as the BrooksEase model, most blends are scratchy and coarse, while wool feels nice and smooth. Many of their retail store summer suits, this year anyway, are made in Thailand (as well as being not being canvased), and surprise, surprise, their factory store summer suits are the same fabric, and cuts, made in Thailand with no canvas. It is a no brainer if you are getting a summer suit like seersucker, or linen. I picked up a "346" seersucker that is the same cut (Fitz) and style of the retail model with no noticeable difference other than the 346 label for a walk away $135 (25% off sale and an additional 15% for opening a Brooks card) when the retail would have been $240 with the same discounts and almost $400 without them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics