• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Broke my glasses, Need a new pair?

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Well I had a nice pair of glasses I bought about three years ago, I recently sat them down on my office chair went to sleep woke up in the morning, and sat down *Crunch*.
They were some D&G thick black nerd glasses, I think they might have been chick frames, but they looked good an I got alot of complements when I first got them, then soon everyone had the same style. Anyway, Im wanting to buy another pair, but I want to get something that will stay in style in the next couple of years. I bought that last pair from lens crafters, I might buy my next pair from them as well, as there close by. Is the trend still the nerdy looking glasses? Any thoughts on this? Whats the current trend. Any timeless styles you can recommend? They need to work with both casual and formal.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
I wanted to add, I have dark brown hair (looks almost black) and a white face, im in my mid 20's

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like IC! Berlin. They are made of sheets of aluminum or stainless steel, and they come in many good shapes, but they are very VERY light. No pins in their hinges. They are expensive (most list at $425), but I got my last frames on Ebay for less than $200 new in box. Be sure to try them on before you guess on a pair on ebay, their sizes go from very small to very large.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 12 4.1%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 47 15.9%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 92 31.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 55 18.6%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 22 7.4%