• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brogues

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very pleased with my Bedales. I bought them on a whim earlier in the year from Loake's Market Harborough outlet. They look better with jeans of course than these chinos. They were also incredibly comfortable right from the off. My Sedbergh and Lytham boots are still nice but much stiffer leather. These 9's are a little loose on me with normal socks. I am borderline 8.5 to 9 anyway.
Yes,I think half a size down on the Pennine last is right.
They are such a good price compared with other suede boots.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Very nice and that price a real bargain,the Vibram sole unit would cost more to buy....
Yes exactly ! Pretty cool for that price, and comfy from day one…
5EF43196-763B-4E8F-97EB-FC5581808ACB.jpeg

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My latest buy,Sanders Alfie in Teak (which is a nice red/brown colour).
Got these for a good price on Ebay (new) with the intention of having the soles changed and just as well because these soles are like concrete,the most uncomfortable shoes that I have ever worn.
They are going up to Shoehealer next week,I will post pictures of them when they have been re-soled. View attachment 1674428
Well heres the result.
I am happy with them,look like a heavy Brogue but they feel quite light.
Excellent work from Shoehealer.
1634932803912.png

Webbo

Reaction score
I saw these in a sale and I couldnt resist them,made by Trickers and really nice....those tags are coming off though.

View attachment 1685520
Bought the same pair this week (same sale I guess). They are real **** kickers, tabs coming off too. I might get leather soles put on at Shoe Healer too as they are as heavy as f....

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought these Cheaney Stratford (seem to be the Avon on a different last) I really like them but as you can see I already have a pair of Church that are almost identical.
Not sure whether to keep the Cheaney and polish them with Saphir Cognac to give them a slightly different colour....or maybe return them.

1636873535141.png

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just arrived back from Shoehealer,my Richard James Pembroke (C&J) have had a brown Vibram sole fitted....very light and comfortable,I think they suit the shoe.
1637684004398.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics