• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brogues

Hlvd

Reaction score
Thats the starting price,the other pair would accept an offer...
Is it the Avon that you are after ?
I’m after some tan country brogues, initially Loake Chesters but they go for silly money on eBay, so been looking at other brands which aren’t on the radar as much.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m after some tan country brogues, initially Loake Chesters but they go for silly money on eBay, so been looking at other brands which aren’t on the radar as much.
How about these ?
Edward and James (Pediwear) made by Berwick 1707....£119.99

Attachments

• 1626355633019.png
    1626355633019.png
    994.9 KB · Views: 13

Swampster

Reaction score
Shame you weren't looking a couple of months ago. Debenhams were selling Chesters for a hefty reduction when they were closing down.

There are some Chesters available for GBP 170 in the Loake Outlet https://loakefactoryshop.co.uk/?s=chester&post_type=product but only in a few sizes. They have come up a few times though - I kept finding when I was looking for Ashbys.

Swampster

Reaction score
These are also available but too small, nothing hidden in this description and seems a very good price.
I'd be very tempted if they were in dark leaf. The couple of shoes I have in Cheaney 12508 fit me well, though oddly I had to send back the one pair of Avons I bought as they seemed too tight. Perhaps it was because I was sitting around a lot in lockdown and my feet were swollen.

Swampster

Reaction score
I googled Cheaney Arran and I think that it is/was a Loafer.
The ones in the picture are identical to my Cheaney Avon...if they are the Avon then that is a good price and the postage is low....but its Ebay so you always take a chance.
I wonder if he is misreading the handwriting inside?
Having looked at a few pics of Avon, some have six and some have seven holes parallel with the eyelets.

Hlvd

Reaction score
Shame you weren't looking a couple of months ago. Debenhams were selling Chesters for a hefty reduction when they were closing down.

There are some Chesters available for GBP 170 in the Loake Outlet https://loakefactoryshop.co.uk/?s=chester&post_type=product but only in a few sizes. They have come up a few times though - I kept finding when I was looking for Ashbys.
I did get a pair of brand new Dainite Chesters in 11 on eBay for £120 but they were too big, so sold them on for a small profit.
Loake sizing’s very generous!

Hlvd

Reaction score
I'd be very tempted if they were in dark leaf. The couple of shoes I have in Cheaney 12508 fit me well, though oddly I had to send back the one pair of Avons I bought as they seemed too tight. Perhaps it was because I was sitting around a lot in lockdown and my feet were swollen.
How are they for sizing, true to size or large like Loakes?

Hlvd

Reaction score
I think they’re beautiful in tan, but I agree about the Dark Leaf.

Swampster

Reaction score
I think they’re beautiful in tan, but I agree about the Dark Leaf.
I was after some in tan or acorn but got the tan Loakes first. I don't have a huge collection of shoes but enough that I get dark looks if I take up more space with another pair :)

Swampster

Reaction score
How are they for sizing, true to size or large like Loakes?
Is it the length or the width you find large on the Loakes? I have to get a G in Loakes, so have Ashby instead of Chester. This is good for width but I rarely get shoes which are right in length for my circular feet.
The 12508 Cheaney last is almost exactly right for my foot - must be a bit more generous than most F fitting as I can wear it comfortably, though not as wide as the Loake G fit.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are nice as I like the contrasting stitching.
https://fhwt.app.link/GKmWla1FUhb
I like these Sanders shoes with their oversized punch holes but too expensive, but that’s the style I’m looking for.
That link just takes me to Next ?

No picture for the Sanders...I am guessing its the Salisbury,I have a pair in waxy brown leather,nice shoes but extremely heavy,too heavy for a shoe imo.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are the Chesters on the Pennine last ? I went down half a size on the Bedale boots and that was right for me.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The dark leaf is nice,I like the burgundy....my Avon are an F and I went up half a size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads