• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brogues

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little bit country, a little bit rock 'n' roll
I have seen the Derby/quarter brogue/grain leather combination before,the Cheaney Tenterden springs to mind but thats a very country looking shoe with a rounder toe than these.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
The search for Brogue Ankle Boots goes on, those were pretty good (and available in black) but... leather soles and i want Dainite...

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The search for Brogue Ankle Boots goes on, those were pretty good (and available in black) but... leather soles and i want Dainite...

The boots look good but the sale reduction isnt very generous !
I know that you really want a Dainite sole but if you like the style of these you could just get a thin rubber sole stuck on them.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1606573230080.png

My Black Friday treat,the Sanders Salisbury.

A question that isnt quite about Brogues but Veldtschoen,has anyone got a pair of Hoggs of Fife Rannoch ? if so how do you find the sizing ?

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Three pairs I found myself shamelessly drooling on
albert-6508-01_webcomp_1.jpg
Grenson Percy_111972_print_threequarter.jpg
5164_8_richard_top_original_65932.jpg
The 'chasse' shoe is not strictly a brogue, as it lacks any perforation, yet I think it has the same manly sturdiness.
Sadly any fund of mine has already been eroded well beyond any allowance.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Three pairs I found myself shamelessly drooling on
View attachment 1516029
View attachment 1516030
View attachment 1516031
The 'chasse' shoe is not strictly a brogue, as it lacks any perforation, yet I think it has the same manly sturdiness.
Sadly any fund of mine has already been eroded well beyond any allowance.
With the Pound weak against the Euro and with a 'no deal Brexit' on the cards I think that now is the time for you to buy MiE shoes Luigi I think that they will be more expensive in future...
The Trickers look very nice but maybe too similar to your Cheaney longwings ?

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone of you guys has experience of Grenson 82 and Barker 29 lasts?
I usually wear an UK 10.5 on the wideish side and, since I'm thinking to break my son's piggy bank, I'd like at least to pick the right size.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually wear an UK 10.5 on the wideish side and, since I'm thinking to break my son's piggy bank, I'd like at least to pick the right size.
I have the Barker Grassington and the Ludlow both on 29 Last and I took my normal size.
Pediwear have the Grassington reduced in Cherry grain and Cedar grain.

Stylewords

Reaction score
I have the Barker 29 in country boots and chukkas. The general advice is normal size, but half size down was clearly better for me with the country boot and I could have gone either way with the chukkas (I went with the half size down in the end).

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1506252
My Black Friday treat,the Sanders Salisbury.

A question that isnt quite about Brogues but Veldtschoen,has anyone got a pair of Hoggs of Fife Rannoch ? if so how do you find the sizing ?

I had a Rannoch for a while and found the sizing quite generous, maybe half a size down unless wearing very thick socks. Great boot though

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a Rannoch for a while and found the sizing quite generous, maybe half a size down unless wearing very thick socks. Great boot though
Thanks,a few people said size down by half a size,I ordered online but spoke to the bloke at the shop and he said order your normal size which I did,the length is perfect,they are slightly wide being a G .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads