• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brogues

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1602233348163.png

Fratelli Rossetti,not quite a longwing,I found the picture but I havent seen them for sale,imo a really nice looking Brogue.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice,I dont have any suede Brogues but I like them and worn with cords its a good casual look.
They seem to me Scotch grain rather than suede, but I agree they'd go very well with cords.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For brogues fans this seems to be a good deal:

Here's a pic from the ad:
View attachment 1472982
They are listed as 'new without box'. I'd gladly have them as they are in my size (UK 10.5), but my piggy bank suffered a severe slimming diet recently.
(I have no interest in the ad or with the seller: just posting here as I think it's relevant with the thread)
I saw the Derby version of these in London a while back and they are really good.

Carl England

Reaction score
Favourite shoes are Oxfords full and half brogues, leather sole or rubber. Churches and Cheaney used to be a favourite, until Cheaney failed to match a pair of Hyth II shoes we ordered. Three pairs later and no improvement, they had over buffed the leather one shoe that left it a different texture so were not acceptable.

To Cheany's credit our favourite shoe of theirs is the Arthur II in Dark Leaf, calf leather, we usually go for leather soles but needed rubber on this occasion. Here is a pair that have just been cleaned and left to dry, they look fabulous on and are very comfortable to wear.

Attachments

• DSC_0171.jpeg
    DSC_0171.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 55

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Favourite shoes are Oxfords full and half brogues, leather sole or rubber. Churches and Cheaney used to be a favourite, until Cheaney failed to match a pair of Hyth II shoes we ordered. Three pairs later and no improvement, they had over buffed the leather one shoe that left it a different texture so were not acceptable.

To Cheany's credit our favourite shoe of theirs is the Arthur II in Dark Leaf, calf leather, we usually go for leather soles but needed rubber on this occasion. Here is a pair that have just been cleaned and left to dry, they look fabulous on and are very comfortable to wear.
That’s great colour on those.
I’m not into oxfords and think brogues are best when they retain their country look. Oxford (formal) brogues (country origin although ubiquitous now) in a dark orange chestnut (informal) would have me puzzled as to what context I would wear them and with what strides etc.
Still - a good looking shoe there similar to the derby posted recently.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh! They are not for wearing, just looking at! xD With anything, formal or casual, chinos, jeans (if worn) blues, greens, browns, greys etc.
I tend to regard Oxfords as more formal but I think that your are correct,we should wear what we think looks best.
Some people say the Derbys shouldnt be worn dressed up but I cant see why not,for me a Derby Brogue is pretty versatile.
Same as colours, the days of 'no brown in town' are long past imo.

Carl England

Reaction score
I tend to regard Oxfords as more formal but I think that your are correct,we should wear what we think looks best.
Some people say the Derbys shouldnt be worn dressed up but I cant see why not,for me a Derby Brogue is pretty versatile.
Same as colours, the days of 'no brown in town' are long past imo.

Hi there, yes they are considered more formal though even more reason to wear them casual, do dislike Derbys though :)

Swampster

Reaction score
There are some Florsheim Imperial long wings on eBay at the moment, size 10.5. Not mint, despite the description, but they look okay. No idea if 100 quid is reasonable but I remember Suggs saying they were his favourite thing to wear. I think they are too narrow for me though.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are some Florsheim Imperial long wings on eBay at the moment, size 10.5. Not mint, despite the description, but they look okay. No idea if 100 quid is reasonable but I remember Suggs saying they were his favourite thing to wear. I think they are too narrow for me though.

1602611762363.png

I had a look at the ones you mentioned and there are new ones for £176 + shipping from USA, I think that they are made in India.
I am pretty sure that these black ones were made in USA,they are on Ebay too from a seller in Germany.
Theres a chart online somewhere that compares US shoe widths and sizes to UK ones.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads