• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brogues

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are your Avons a G or F fit? How do the Avons compare in sizing to the Bourtons, larger or smaller?
Great collection bye the way!
The Avons are an F fit and I bought a 10.5 they fit nicely, the Bourton I got a 9.5.

Hlvd

Reaction score
The Avons are an F fit and I bought a 10.5 they fit nicely, the Bourton I got a 9.5.
The Bourton sizing must be huge and Avon tts.
Do you have any Loake country last shoes to compare? I’m looking at some shoes but unsure if they’ll fit, hence the questions.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great collection bye the way!
My collection is nearly done...I have one more 'want'...one 'conversion project' ongoing and after that I will only buy if the price is ridiculously low.

Hlvd

Reaction score
My collection is nearly done...I have one more 'want'...one 'conversion project' ongoing and after that I will only buy if the price is ridiculously low.
I’m a 10.5 in Loake Pennine and seen some Avons in 12508 F in the same 10.5 but I doubt they’d fit after reading your post.
How do the Salisburys compare?

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Bourton sizing must be huge and Avon tts.
Do you have any Loake country last shoes to compare? I’m looking at some shoes but unsure if they’ll fit, hence the questions.
Yes I have the Loake Bedale boots on the Pennine last,I went down half a size in that too....but I would say that with thick socks the Trickers 4444 or the Pennine would be ok with normal size.
I went half a size up for the Cheaney and the made by Cheaney boots on the same last (12508 ? I think) and in the F fit thats fine for me,probably TTS in the G....in fact I have the Hoggs of Fife boot which is made by cheaney and that fitted TTS and it is a G.

Hlvd

Reaction score
Yes I have the Loake Bedale boots on the Pennine last,I went down half a size in that too....but I would say that with thick socks the Trickers 4444 or the Pennine would be ok with normal size.
I went half a size up for the Cheaney and the made by Cheaney boots on the same last (12508 ? I think) and in the F fit thats fine for me,probably TTS in the G....in fact I have the Hoggs of Fife boot which is made by cheaney and that fitted TTS and it is a G.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Joseph-C...p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Seems a good punt if no one else puts a bid in.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m a 10.5 in Loake Pennine and seen some Avons in 12508 F in the same 10.5 but I doubt they’d fit after reading your post.
How do the Salisburys compare?
I would think that you would want size 11 for the Avons in an F maybe a 10.5 in a G ?
The Sanders are big too,they are monsters,I am used to heavy shoes but I will admit that I should have bought Sanders boots rather than the shoes...

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want a pair of Cheaney Avon or Tweed in dark leaf...however I have seen these Herring Burford which seem to be the Avon but made of Horween leather.
Does anyone know the positives or negatives with Horween shoes ?
The only thing about these shoes is that they have half leather soles.

Attachments

• 1631428810541.png
    1631428810541.png
    936.8 KB · Views: 41

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought these lightweight Trickers Bourton for a good price from TK Maxx...not a fan of the colour.
1631621452222.png

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My latest buy,Sanders Alfie in Teak (which is a nice red/brown colour).
Got these for a good price on Ebay (new) with the intention of having the soles changed and just as well because these soles are like concrete,the most uncomfortable shoes that I have ever worn.
They are going up to Shoehealer next week,I will post pictures of them when they have been re-soled.
1632499246863.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads