• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Brogues

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice, how are they for sizing? I find the Loake country last huge with my usual 11 huge.
I havent bought them (yet) I am a 10 in a Loake F width these are a G of course and they say to go down half a size.

Swampster

Reaction score
Very nice, how are they for sizing? I find the Loake country last huge with my usual 11 huge.
I have a couple of pairs of Bedales and shoes on the same Pennine last. They are a very generous fit - lots of G fits aren’t wide enough for me but these are. Made for wearing a thick sock I suppose.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheaney are excellent shoes (metal eyelets apart :sarcasm:) and during sales one can pick nice deals. Too bad they no more ship to Italy.
Do you not like metal eyelets? I do for a heavier brogue. My Church’s have blind eyelets which gives a sleeker more formal look.

Both have their place in my opinion

Swampster

Reaction score
Cheaney have a sale at the moment,the Avon in Mocha and the Blackwatch are both reduced,both have Dainite soles.
Neither are in my size, which is probably a good thing :) Not sure I could pull off the Blackwatch anyway. (Visually that is. I'd like some Chelsea boots but I have trouble literally pulling those off).

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.