1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

British workwear / heritage brands

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ManofKent, Jan 22, 2011.

1. skenney

skenney Senior member

Awesome.

I'm going to have to take a look.

2. TheSunisShining

TheSunisShining Senior member

I debated between the Lizard and Alligator - then decided on Alligator!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  3. skenney

skenney Senior member

I see,

I'm eyeing the ostrich, but I might try to look for one that's 100% ostrich instead of having one pocket being calf.

4. TheSunisShining

Yeah the ostrich looks good! Could you email them and ask them if they could do that for you? I'm going to ask them myself about the cardholder in black alligator (it's sold out now). I've got my dad's 50th birthday coming up and I know he's looking for a new wallet, so might be worth it!

5. Clyde

Clyde Senior member

Amazing work... I never imagined it took so many pieces of leather to make a wallet.

6. TheSunisShining

Same here, I think that the work that goes into making a quality wallet goes a long way in terms of it's longevity. Which wallet do you own?

7. likenoother

likenoother Well-Known Member

Hello,
    the vertstone shop is closed?

8. Americanaaa

Americanaaa Senior member

Does Tender have it's own thread?

9. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Not that I've noticed. They do some nice stuff.

10. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

What did you end up getting from Old Town? Im a big fan, almost wearing something Old Town every day. Also have two new pieces waiting for me at the post office... :)

11. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Do have the stove pipe trousers in the natural canvas and i like them a lot.

I actually made another order that should be finishing up soon. The Dreadnought trousers in the drab sage moleskin and the Marshalsea jacket in loomstate flannel. I'm interested to see how that flannel looks and feels.

If I like their high rise trousers, I might go back for the Vauxhalls in the corn corduroy.

What are you picking up at the post office?

12. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Cool, let me know how the Marshalsea jacket turns out! How did you size it?

Im picking up a black moleskin Borough (will be my fourth) and a black Unity jacket (hoping to wear as a middle layer). If I like the moleskin, I might get a pair of Plains as well. But Stove pipes wouldnt be bad either...

13. sipang

sipang Senior member

How's the length on their jackets btw ? The Marshalsea is tempting but at 6'3 I worry it might be a bit short

14. FrankCowperwood

EDIT: Oops, I should have gone back and read my email from them... I asked for sizing advice on the Marshalsea and what they said is that the sizes directly represent the measurement. A size 40 Marshalsea has a chest measurement of 42 inches, the size 42 a measurement of 44 inches.

Trouser waist sizes are 34 = 34 inch waist, 36 = 36 inch waist.

Will report on the length. Marshalsea looks like it ough not to be cropped.

Seems like the should be finishing it up and getting it in the mail to me in the next week or two.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  15. zissou

zissou Senior member

it's good to hear that Old Town is easy to order these days. I've always wanted some.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  16. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

I wear the Borough in a 44 at 6'4, and it is definitely not cropped. The Marshalsea is supposed to be longer.
    In contrast to the latter, the Borough is "over sized", i.e. " a 40 jacket actually measures 44", a 42 measures 46". I´d guess i´d go for a 46 in the Marshalsea.

The trousers are "true to size" (label = measurement). Worth noting is that their recommendation for the Unity trousers (e.g., L = 35-37) is very large. All though they have a nice Yohji-esque drape when sized so, they are really falling off if care is not taken with tightening the drawstring.

For ease of ordering, yes its not too bad, but a full list of measurements for each style would somehow be easier than to email in your waist /chest measurements. But, yes, it works :)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  17. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

update: Old Town´s moleskin is soft, pretty heavy, and good. And the unity jacket in black makes me look like a villain.

18. FrankCowperwood

Yes, they have you email and then it's oh a 36 trousers has a 36 inch waist... :)

I do have to call them with my credit card number. I fail to understand why business don't at least take PayPal. They are taking the card anyway, so there can't be much of an issue with fees. It's a bit mystifying.

That's good to know about the Borough.

I think we need a photo of that unity jacket.

Very good.

19. FrankCowperwood

And oops, I did not check the email I got with sizing when I commented above about the Marshalsea. I've edited that post to remove the misinformation.

1 person likes this.
  20. troika

troika Senior member

Are any of these smaller brands in London stores? I'll be there in a few weeks and keen to check stuff out.

Love me some Tender, so seeing a full run of their items would be great