• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Britain's Best Dressed Real Man 2010 - Selling his prize off piece by piece...

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's our good friend from Esquire UK
wink.gif

I am selling this beautiful belt as my boyfriend was lucky enough to win 'Britain's Best Dressed Real Man 2010', a competition with Esquire magazine and he won £30,000 worth of clothes from Harrods. Some of the items are gorgeous but simply not his style so get this one-off opportunity to buy current season, sought-after stock at less than half the retail price.
Brunello Cucinelli lizard leather belt silver buckle BN

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't the US winners get $10,000 worth of Kenneth Cole stuff and an IWC watch?

I'd take Cucinelli stuff over KC any day of the week, though that is a tacky looking belt.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenStyle
It's our good friend from Esquire UK
wink.gif
Brunello Cucinelli lizard leather belt silver buckle BN

laugh.gif
Interesting how the email screen shot shows that the £30,000 from Harrods is preselected. Still a damn sight better than your choice of $10,000 at KC. Appears to include a lot of Cucinelli stuff and a navy Brioni suit, nice.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
laugh.gif

Interesting how the email screen shot shows that the £30,000 from Harrods is preselected.

Agreed - don't look a gift horse in the mouth, but it's a bit of a cheek...

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr Herbert
!B4!8JFQB2k~$(KGrHqN,!g0E)743OiZtBMoQkfuPuQ~~0_3.JPG

He looks so . . . naked in that outfit.

twosnapsandgo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
He looks so . . . naked in that outfit.
British voted as one of the worst dressers in European fashion. Based on this picture I now understand why.
facepalm.gif

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by twosnapsandgo
British voted as one of the worst dressers in European fashion. Based on this picture I now understand why.
facepalm.gif

haters.jpg

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
I want to see his chest hair in the brioni suit he won from harrods
boxing[1].gif

goodbyehorses

Reaction score
Hmmm I don't really know what to say to everyone here but I'm actually Ross' girlfriend (the winner of Britain's Best Dressed Man). I'm the one selling the stuff he won on eBay using my own account (he doesn't have one).

Just to clear a few things up, 'stayoutofjail' is actually the name of a local band I used to like years ago and I've had that username since I was 17 years old. It's not ideal but I'm stuck with it now!

Also, I'm not sure if people realise that Ross didn't receive any money to spend, it was all clothing that he didn't get to choose. As he's so skinny most items are far too big for him and others just aren't his style. It was actually my idea to sell the clothes on eBay, not his, he's really embarrassed that I had to mention the Esquire thing on eBay but I didn't know how else to list so many designer items without eBay suspecting that I was selling stolen goods.

When you get £30,000 worth of clothes that aren't to your personal taste and that don't fit you, what else are you supposed to do with them?

And for anyone doubting Ross' character, he's actually a really nice, genuine person and I think you'd all feel pretty bad for judging him as a person if you knew him. For a start he immediately gave the £5000 Longines watch to his dad without a second thought.

I understand that everyone has their own personal taste and a lot of people might hate the fact that he wears necklaces/headscarves/ripped jeans/suits/without shirts underneath/dressing gowns as outerwear and you have the right to your own opinion but in the same way, doesn't he have the right to wear whatever he likes to wear without having people across the internet saying really horrible things about him and judging him as a person?

I guess you can all have whatever opinion you like, it's a free world, but I'm just trying to put things into perspective here, he's a normal, friendly guy with pretty 'quirky' style to say that least who just happened to win a competition. He hasn't done anything bad here or offended anyone (apart from wearing a suit without a shirt)

If anyone is wondering what we're doing with the eBay money, Ross is using every penny to buy fabrics and material to enable him to make his first womenswear collection. A lifelong ambition he would never have been able to achieve without winning this prize.

I'm sure I'll get lots of horrible replies to this based previous comments on here about him, so I won't even read them as I'll only get upset, but I couldn't carry on reading such judgemental statements without saying something to back the poor guy up.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome
smile.gif

I don't think anyone is judging your boyfriend as a person or casting any aspersions on his character. I for one congratulate him on winning.

You're going to get negative comments because that style of clothing doesn't sit well with a lot of members here but this is a forum about clothing so people will get judged solely on that. Also - if you're putting yourself out there then you're going to get both positive and negative feedback. You shouldn't feel like you need to defend him.

Kudos on him for giving his father the watch. The prize list looked immense.
ffffuuuu.gif

I'm sure the extra publicity will bode well for his next move!

Originally Posted by goodbyehorses
Hmmm I don't really know what to say to everyone here but I'm actually Ross' girlfriend (the winner of Britain's Best Dressed Man). I'm the one selling the stuff he won on eBay using my own account (he doesn't have one).

Just to clear a few things up, 'stayoutofjail' is actually the name of a local band I used to like years ago and I've had that username since I was 17 years old. It's not ideal but I'm stuck with it now!

Also, I'm not sure if people realise that Ross didn't receive any money to spend, it was all clothing that he didn't get to choose. As he's so skinny most items are far too big for him and others just aren't his style. It was actually my idea to sell the clothes on eBay, not his, he's really embarrassed that I had to mention the Esquire thing on eBay but I didn't know how else to list so many designer items without eBay suspecting that I was selling stolen goods.

When you get £30,000 worth of clothes that aren't to your personal taste and that don't fit you, what else are you supposed to do with them?

And for anyone doubting Ross' character, he's actually a really nice, genuine person and I think you'd all feel pretty bad for judging him as a person if you knew him. For a start he immediately gave the £5000 Longines watch to his dad without a second thought.

I understand that everyone has their own personal taste and a lot of people might hate the fact that he wears necklaces/headscarves/ripped jeans/suits/without shirts underneath/dressing gowns as outerwear and you have the right to your own opinion but in the same way, doesn't he have the right to wear whatever he likes to wear without having people across the internet saying really horrible things about him and judging him as a person?

I guess you can all have whatever opinion you like, it's a free world, but I'm just trying to put things into perspective here, he's a normal, friendly guy with pretty 'quirky' style to say that least who just happened to win a competition. He hasn't done anything bad here or offended anyone (apart from wearing a suit without a shirt)

If anyone is wondering what we're doing with the eBay money, Ross is using every penny to buy fabrics and material to enable him to make his first womenswear collection. A lifelong ambition he would never have been able to achieve without winning this prize.

I'm sure I'll get lots of horrible replies to this based previous comments on here about him, so I won't even read them as I'll only get upset, but I couldn't carry on reading such judgemental statements without saying something to back the poor guy up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics