• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Brisbane - Custom or MTM shirts

mzmart

Reaction score
Can anybody recommend a shirtmake that is locally based. I have previously used Bawden Bespoke (OK) and Modern Tailor (barely adequate) and T&A (worth it for the bespoke but my measurements have changed). Anyway, now feel the need for a more personal touch.

Naka

Reaction score
I'm assuming you mean Brisbane, Australia and not Brisbane, Ontario, Canada.
I'd recommend Deer Style. You can find them on Facebook and Tumblr. I haven't personally had any shirting made up, but have seen plenty of examples made for other customers and friends of mine.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on Deer Style (if you are talking about Brisbane, Australia, that is!).

I've got eight shirts, two ties, and two suits from Deer Style and all of them are great, and excellent value for money to boot, particularly considering the personal service provided by the proprieter.

Here are a few posts that I've made in the Australian Members' thread over the past six months or so concerning my Deer Style purchases:

Shirts - click here.

Ties - click here.

Latest suit - click here.

Deer Style has a Tumblr blog and a Blogspot blog, as well as a Facebook page, if you want to see further photos and get more info, including contact details.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 54 17.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 107 34.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 92 29.5%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.9%
  • 9”

Votes: 12 3.8%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%