Brioni

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The_Foxx, Jun 10, 2002.

1. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

was recently reading up on my favorite brand, Brioni. so far, i've only collected a suit and two sportcoats, in addition to a handful of Brioni ties, but am already an addict.

i was a little surprised to learn that, altho it takes 18 hours to make a brioni suit, they pump out about 9000 suits a month. more than i expected.

anyone want to discuss the make and brand? interested to get more info, as they never seem to change the website.

2. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Is that website old, or what?

They're also supposedly the only major design house left with a 4 year tailor's school.

I love their fabrics, but the fit is usually a bit snug for me. So I have no Brioni tailored clothing, just a few shirts and ties.

3. RainCityClotheshound

RainCityClotheshound Well-Known Member

What difference,if any,is there between Brioni,and other brands like Kiton or Oxxford?

I noticed in the latest issue of the Robb Report ("Best of the Best"),Oxxford was ranked #1,with Kiton getting an honorable mention.

Because Brioni,Kiton,and Oxxford all are hand sewn,are the distinctions mostly aesthetic?

4. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

good posts on this topic.

well, myself i am a big fan of the sculpted, sharp roman shoulders of the brioni suits and sportcoats. there is a great deal of handwork that goes into a brioni, but i know kiton has them beat.

kiton incorporates much more handwork, and produces far fewer pieces per month. i like my kiton suit a lot, still has nice shape to the shoulders (altho neopolitan), and narrow waist, for classic italian look.

i would like to try oxxford one of these days, but i don't like natural shoulder jackets or center vents. also, i guess i still think of oxxford as a brand for old bankers.