• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Brioni

300rwhp

Reaction score
I just purchased a brioni suit inside it mentions that it is a super 150's the label is black with red writing. Where does this fall in the brioni spectrum

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, you certainly can't go wrong with a brioni in super 150s wool, that's for sure.

I've collected several Brioni pieces, and i'm a huge fan of the company-- but the only thing i can say about the labels is that Brioni doesn't make any "lesser-line" of clothing, only that (like Oxxford) they sometimes make clothing for individual men's stores, in which case they seem to attach the sleeve buttons (with stitched false-buttonholes), they may or may not use the signature polo-player lining for these stores, and they don't often include a "flower loop" behind the always hand-stitched lapel buttonhole.

To be honest, the best Brioni clothing i've seen has been Neiman Marcus (very high standards, almost always double vented/ flower loops/ best cloth available, etc.) and the very top of the men's stores (Wilkes Bashford, Stanley Korshak, Saks in NYC, and of course Bergdorf Goodman-- but these are always noted on the label). The "plain" labels are either smaller men's stores, or possibly from a flagship Brioni store (NYC on 57th street, Rodeo Drive).

I'd be interested to know from someone in NYC what the label looks like at the moment, should they take a look at the merchandise on the racks at the store on 57 E 57th Street.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's