1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Brioni

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by 300rwhp, Jun 26, 2005.

1. 300rwhp

300rwhp Member

I just purchased a brioni suit inside it mentions that it is a super 150's the label is black with red writing. Where does this fall in the brioni spectrum

2. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

well, you certainly can't go wrong with a brioni in super 150s wool, that's for sure.

I've collected several Brioni pieces, and i'm a huge fan of the company-- but the only thing i can say about the labels is that Brioni doesn't make any "lesser-line" of clothing, only that (like Oxxford) they sometimes make clothing for individual men's stores, in which case they seem to attach the sleeve buttons (with stitched false-buttonholes), they may or may not use the signature polo-player lining for these stores, and they don't often include a "flower loop" behind the always hand-stitched lapel buttonhole.

To be honest, the best Brioni clothing i've seen has been Neiman Marcus (very high standards, almost always double vented/ flower loops/ best cloth available, etc.) and the very top of the men's stores (Wilkes Bashford, Stanley Korshak, Saks in NYC, and of course Bergdorf Goodman-- but these are always noted on the label). The "plain" labels are either smaller men's stores, or possibly from a flagship Brioni store (NYC on 57th street, Rodeo Drive).

I'd be interested to know from someone in NYC what the label looks like at the moment, should they take a look at the merchandise on the racks at the store on 57 E 57th Street.