• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brioni tailor in San Francisco?

jakeyt

Reaction score
Are there any tailors you recommend for bringing in a Brioni shirt in San Francisco? I have a Brioni shirt, but it's really big in the waist. I'm a bit skinny myself, so I wanted to get it tailored.

Does it make sense to go to Neiman Marcus? I bought the shirt online.

zihentyp

Reaction score
well,thanks for your sharing
12.gif

Last edited:

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Supposedly this tailor is among the best in SF.

http://andreasgorgestailoring.com/

He altered some trousers for me about 15 yeaRs ago.
They were rendered unwearable. I suppose taking in a shirt is far less
complicated.

My own tailor in Menlo Park, who I and a number of SFers swear by,
will do the job to perfection:

Bob Stankovic

650-323 9614

Last edited:

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your bad alteration experience with Andres Georges.

Was it a complicated alteration? Just curious about what ended up being the fault(s) in his work? I ask because I was thinking of taking an older cashmere Zegna sportcoat to him that needs some alteration...now I'm unsure based on your experience.

Thanks for the referral to your tailor in Menlo Park, but doubtful I'll make it down from there from Marin.

Cheers.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry to hear about your bad alteration experience with Andres Georges.

Was it a complicated alteration? Just curious about what ended up being the fault(s) in his work? I ask because I was thinking of taking an older cashmere Zegna sportcoat to him that needs some alteration...now I'm unsure based on your experience.

Thanks for the referral to your tailor in Menlo Park, but doubtful I'll make it down from there from Marin.

Cheers.

Complicated alteration? Not really. It doesn't take a Bespoke master to shorten the rise on a pair of cavalry twills.
Had this done before and since with success. Andy blew it. Perhaps he cut that class in tailoring school.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
San Francisco Tailors is pretty good with shirt alterations.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nordstrom also has excellent tailors and can do shirts; I take pretty much everything there.

Last edited:

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Will they take outside items not from Nordstrom?

They will. The charges are different, but they will still tailor most items unless it is something extreme (like fully recutting a tailored jacket). For a shirt, it's fine. Darts or tapering would probably be $25-40, depending on need. And if you have an established salesperson at the store and/or a Nordstrom card, they'll work with you and figure out how to make it happen.

Last edited:

jakeyt

Reaction score
Is it a good idea to take a Brioni shirt there? The original stitching is very small and nice. I've gone to placed before and they re-stitch with big ole threads and double stitching.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it a good idea to take a Brioni shirt there? The original stitching is very small and nice. I've gone to placed before and they re-stitch with big ole threads and double stitching.

Probably not imitate the original stitching. I really don't think any alterations tailor would do that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads