Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Brioni Sweaters

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ed13, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Ed13

Ed13 Senior member

I was looking at some Brioni sweaters on ebay and was wondering if anyone knows what the fit is like? Is the cut of the sweater slim or baggy? I am looking for sweaters with thin material and a slim cut. I want to be able to wear them under a sportsjacket.

Thanks

2. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

I'm pretty much between a 41 and 42 regular, and wear a medium Brioni sweater (with collar and 3 buttons) with trousers, or under a sportcoat all the time. Fitted and slender fit, and I've actually had it since spring 2002 (bought on ebay, it is a strong red in fine merino wool). highly recommend.

3. Cesare

Cesare Member

They have some really nice Borrelli Cashmere sweaters at yoox.com

4. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

All the various cashmere, merino, silk, cotton Brioni sweaters are uniformly form fitting. The quality is the highest--only Loro Piana seems close.

5. drljva

drljva Senior member

That's a tough one... for years, I always had to go up a size (or two) with Brioni knit-wear. Most of these pieces were purchased at NM. About a year or so ago, it seems that the buyers at NM asked the folks at Brioni to make the sweaters more "true-to-size". Once they started to do that, I no longer needed to "up" the size. Don't know if this holds for Brioni knit-wear that is purchased at places other than NM...

JV

6. Etruscan

Etruscan Senior member

I have a couple Brioni cardigans (that I was able to pick up very cheaply here in Boston at Filene's Basement), and they both run true to size (I'm a 40R [50 European]). I generally wear them alone for sports, but they're thin enough that I have occasionally layered them under tweed sportcoats. (Who needs polar fleece?.) One is a slate blue, the other a deep emerald (not a grass) green, and I'm complimented on them whenever I wear them. I say, buy with confidence.

7. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

Foxx,

What is your avatar a picture of?

8. HeyYouItsMike

HeyYouItsMike Well-Known Member

If you have a Barney's near you, check out the wearhouse sales. I have a drawer full of nice Zegna and Canali sweaters that are somewhat slim fitting. I paid on average $50-60 for them. They have beautiful colors, and are pretty thin and soft. Women LOVE to touch them.

9. Lydia

Lydia Senior member

Such questions of slim-fitting or not depend on your body, I've found.