• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brioni single button peaked lapel tuxedo (43R)

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Beautiful Tux, and at $300 for a mint Brioni it's obviously a great value.

I think the market here is small though. At any time there are 100-300 viewing SF I think, and some of then are visitors.

So, it's a small audience and there has to be someone that will fit in the Tux.

On Ebay( with a decent ad and photos), I think the Tux would be an easy sale. But it's a chore to list on Ebay if you are not a regular seller. And it's certainly not as pleasant and collegial to sell on Ebay as it is here.

So, here's my short take. It will sell here, but maybe not quickly. Good values will sell. On Ebay it will sell quicker but do you want to list on Ebay?

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This one seems a tough sell because of the proportions. Big shoulders and waist with short length, inseam and sleeves (with working buttonholes). Unless you are prepared to wait for a buyer with the right measurements to show up, you may need to unload it on eBay, which is what I would probably do. Or send it to one of the consignment sellers here like VMan or AHarris.

TheIdler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with the previous poster. IMO, you shouldn't keep dropping the price. If this fit me, I'd be happy to pay 300$. The problem is the fit. I have no real proof of this, but it seems to me that guys on this form are in better shape than the general population--meaning bigger drops than average. My problem with this is the same as marc237's: I'm not buying this because the trousers are just too big. So just be patient or, as others have suggested, move it to the bay where there's more chance of finding buyers who it'll fit.

chas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheIdler
I agree with the previous poster. IMO, you shouldn't keep dropping the price. If this fit me, I'd be happy to pay 300$. The problem is the fit. I have no real proof of this, but it seems to me that guys on this form are in better shape than the general population--meaning bigger drops than average. My problem with this is the same as marc237's: I'm not buying this because the trousers are just too big. So just be patient or, as others have suggested, move it to the bay where there's more chance of finding buyers who it'll fit.

+1 If this fit me I would of snapped it up at $300. I am between a 42 and 44 and at 6' between a regular and a long. The measurements just don't work for me on this piece and as stated previously, I think that is your issue. Just be patient or go to ebay.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback guys! Re: measurements, they're really not that bad - honestly. It would totally fit a typical 44R wearer. As I mentioned, there is a lot of fabric in the pants hem (see photo #2) so pants length is not a real issue here IMO. Sleeve length is on the short side, but nothing a half-decent tailor couldn't alter.

I imagine most of us on SF would take any new or used suit to the tailor anyway to make some adjustments... ?

Mookie

Reaction score
Is this still up for sale? I've just dropped a massive amount of weight (we're talking 100 pounds here) and have to go get my measurements taken again, but I think that this just might work out for me.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes - it's still available

Mookie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Yes - it's still available

I don't know if it is going to work for me. I've gone down to a 46R now (last measurements a month ago had me at 48R, and this is from a high of 54/56R) but I doubt I'm going to be able to shed three more off.

Shame, its a beautiful tux.

the etruscan

Reaction score
Sigh, this is beautiful. If only the arms were 2.5-3 inches longer, and the pants 2-3 inches smaller.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
Can't believe this Brioni tuxedo is still available since October..?

I know...
confused.gif

One of the SFers in NYC would like to see it after the new year so it may end up with a loving owner eventually !

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Brioni tux is now sold*

* sorry for the useless bump, I cannot edit the original post anymore...

yolanda

Reaction score
Hi there! Have you sold this already, or is it still available? Thank you. Dr. T.

yolanda

Reaction score
Hi! have you sold this already or is it still available for sale? Thank you! Dr. T.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads