• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brioni Shirts Price comparison

muelleran

Reaction score
Today I went to a local shop and had a look at a Brioni shirt.
As far as construction and fabric go it was similar to my Tyrwhitt 180s shirt (could this be true - please comment).

I was slightly horrified by the price: 600 Swiss Francs ($490)
wow.gif
For the Tyrwhitt shirt I paid $90.

My question is: For how much do these Brioni shirts are being sold in cities where retail prices are not bordering on the insane?

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$490 seems kind of excessive. I've seen them at stores with a regular tag price of about $450 max. I've also seen them on sale for as little as $45 when very steeply discounted and regularly for about $100.

A Tyrwhitt shirt is not quite on par with the quality of a Brioni shirt (one example that immediately comes to mind is the quality of the buttons), but the difference in quality probably does not justify that big of a difference in price. At $490 you could probably do a lot better going bespoke.

gkapur

Reaction score
Can I ask where in did you see them for $45 steeply discounted? Were they strange sizes? $100 or so sounds about right on sale at the right stores.

StyleFreak

Reaction score
$400 plus sound about right for retail prices in the US, however, I normally get them at Neiman Marcus's last call sale for around $160-$200. I always find my size, which happens to be 18L. Also, they are frequently available on eBay for around $170.

I seen few fake Brioni labels lately in Asia and the middle east, however.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gkapur
Can I ask where in did you see them for $45 steeply discounted? Were they strange sizes? $100 or so sounds about right on sale at the right stores.

I bought a Brioni shirt at Last Call for $45 that I resold on ebay. It was a size 17 with 34" sleeves.

Link to Ebay Auction

But, these shirts aren't regularly available and easy to find at the outlets. You have to search a rack of 1000 shirts to find the 1 good one.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
For a little less than that price you can get a shirt by English Cut I think. I'm not sure how they stand on first time customers getting a shirt, however.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads