Brioni Shirts Price comparison

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by muelleran, Jul 1, 2006.

1. muelleran

muelleran Senior member

Today I went to a local shop and had a look at a Brioni shirt.
    As far as construction and fabric go it was similar to my Tyrwhitt 180s shirt (could this be true - please comment).

I was slightly horrified by the price: 600 Swiss Francs ($490) [​IMG] .
    For the Tyrwhitt shirt I paid $90.

My question is: For how much do these Brioni shirts are being sold in cities where retail prices are not bordering on the insane?

2. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

$490 seems kind of excessive. I've seen them at stores with a regular tag price of about $450 max. I've also seen them on sale for as little as $45 when very steeply discounted and regularly for about $100.

A Tyrwhitt shirt is not quite on par with the quality of a Brioni shirt (one example that immediately comes to mind is the quality of the buttons), but the difference in quality probably does not justify that big of a difference in price. At $490 you could probably do a lot better going bespoke.

3. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Sounds like you need to fly to NYC for the summer sales at Barneys, Bergdorf, etc and the saving would more than pay for trip. Brioni shirts on sale will be about $90 to $125.

4. gkapur

gkapur New Member

Can I ask where in did you see them for $45 steeply discounted? Were they strange sizes? $100 or so sounds about right on sale at the right stores.

5. StyleFreak

StyleFreak Member

$400 plus sound about right for retail prices in the US, however, I normally get them at Neiman Marcus's last call sale for around $160-$200. I always find my size, which happens to be 18L. Also, they are frequently available on eBay for around $170.

I seen few fake Brioni labels lately in Asia and the middle east, however.

6. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Can I ask where in did you see them for $45 steeply discounted? Were they strange sizes? $100 or so sounds about right on sale at the right stores.

I bought a Brioni shirt at Last Call for $45 that I resold on ebay. It was a size 17 with 34" sleeves.

Link to Ebay Auction

But, these shirts aren't regularly available and easy to find at the outlets. You have to search a rack of 1000 shirts to find the 1 good one.

7. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

For a little less than that price you can get a shirt by English Cut I think. I'm not sure how they stand on first time customers getting a shirt, however.