• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brioni Roma

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I"m a bit unfamiliar with Brioni lines.

Whats the Roma line and is it any different then any other Brioni line.

I came accross a handful of nice Roma shirts i'd like to put up on the B&S forum, and they sell for about $350 retail, just wondering if its worthwhile.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brioni is made in Rome....most of their labels say Brioni Roma.
It may be a model name as well. Most of their shirts do not have a model name (none that I have seen do).

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks, just wanted to make sure it wasnt a "cheap" line, to me it seemed very nice, thick MOP buttons, very nice fabric, but one cannot be too sure.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brioni does not have a diffusion line or cheap line....so you are safe.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Brioni does not have a diffusion line or cheap line....so you are safe.

this is correct. In addition, I believe the Brioni shirts that have the "Brioni Roma" label are made by Burini. They also seem to be made more for the european market and may run a little tighter/smaller in size.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Brioni is located in Penne in the Abruzzo region.

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
thanks, just wanted to make sure it wasnt a "cheap" line, to me it seemed very nice, thick MOP buttons, very nice fabric, but one cannot be too sure.

I think cheap brioni is quite the oxymoron.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought Brioni Roma was slightly cheaper. I recently saw a Roma suit that originally retailed for $3300.

stylesmurf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried on a Brioni suit today out of curiosity from all the praise it gets here. Gawd it looked nice. Good thing I don't need to wear suits.
laugh.gif

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have a model like that. I got it from ascot chang in HK i think its the chiga model or however you spell it. but my others which are nomentanos all came with the buttons not attached i.e ready for working sleeve buttons.
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
Are you sure brioni does not have a different line or at least one that is in usa?

I have a brioni suit retail is a bit on the lower end at 4600 dollars. From the brioni boutique in nyc.

It has non working buttonholes and non working sleeve (interior lining of cuff is whole).
Came like that

SamSpade

Reaction score
I just bought a suit with the Brioni roma label from ebay - my first and only Brioni. Seems legit Brioni - the label, the signature lining, and of course the quality is amazing, full canvas, fantastic wool etc.

(But as much as a like it, I don't think that it is worth the retail price (~3k$?). Basically the marginal cost is waaaaaay bigger than the marginal improvement in quality. I have a few suits in the ~1000 range, and I'm just as happy with them as with the Brioni.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads