• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brioni pure VICUNA blazer! thoughts/advice?

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr.Creanbos
Ill add a photo or two soon... You don't seem very kind. Jealous or just an A-hole?

just an Ass Hole

agoldf

Reaction score
FYI SFA in NYC had a black vicuna jacket/coat (SFA home label) at 40% off 5G. Only saw it in large.

Tardek

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr.Creanbos
Ill add a photo or two soon... You don't seem very kind. Jealous or just an A-hole?

Eh, you might as well chalk me up for both.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a pure Vicuna topcoat at Hermes by me, truly a beautiful piece. Single one made, and damn its in my size. But its 24,000 bucks. Maybe next X-mas
confused.gif

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
I hope you got the unicorn horn buttons, otherwise they saw you coming.

Darkness got the horn. Sunshine is his destroyer. FYI.

Reaction score
If you really had a Brioni Vicuna. I really would be interested in looking at it. Considering the rarity of that jacket I highly doubt you really have one and not worn it because its like having a new jag in your closet and never driving it but on the other hand I would like to get more details and see some pics. All Bullshit aside
smile.gif

Mr.Creanbos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by emensweardirect
If you really had a Brioni Vicuna. I really would be interested in looking at it. Considering the rarity of that jacket I highly doubt you really have one and not worn it because its like having a new jag in your closet and never driving it but on the other hand I would like to get more details and see some pics. All Bullshit aside
smile.gif

Yes I really have a pure vicuna Brioni jacket. As unbelievable as it may seem. haha, You are correct about the rarity. The retail was $28k plus tax so I wouldn't consider it a top of the line Jaguar.
smile.gif

I am sort of interested in selling it but not sure whether to put it on eBay or not. Do you feel like an interested buyer? All bullshit aside
I may add a pic or two onto the forum....

Mr.Creanbos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
There is a pure Vicuna topcoat at Hermes by me, truly a beautiful piece. Single one made, and damn its in my size. But its 24,000 bucks. Maybe next X-mas
confused.gif

wow....A one-of-a kind pure vicuna Hermes topcoat sounds interesting. I bet its very nice.

The salesman at NeimanMarcus was joking with me about the cost of the fabric being over $3g's per yard.. We determined that this jacket costs at least 100 times more being loomed in vicuna versus pure silver.
The current value of a pound of pure Gold is about $14 grand. Two pounds = $28,000. The jacket cost $28,000 and probably weighs about two pounds. Which means this jacket is essentially the same cost as wearing pure gold. Damn..
Gold seems like a much smarter investment.
BUT Brioni vicuna makes my Kiton pure cashmere feel like steel wool.
smile.gif

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Where are those pics you promised?

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'd wear a vicuna sportcoat just like you'd wear a cashmere sportcoat.
teacha.gif

And yeah, I think he's trolling.
tinfoil.gif

EOT.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me guess, you have a $28,000 jacket and no $80 digital camera?
devil.gif

Mr.Creanbos

Reaction score
You have a snotty little cyber tone there buddy. Maybe you would be happier and perhaps more likeable if you bought my blazer. Oh, let me guess ....No $$$?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads