Brioni Point Collar

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hopkins_student, Nov 13, 2004.

1. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Senior member

Does anybody have a picture of themself, or someone else, wearing a Brioni dress shirt with a point collar? I'm thinking about picking up a white Brioni off Ebay with a point collar, and while the collar looks fine with the shirt folded up, my experience has always been that collars get much more narrow when they are on a body.

Thanks for your help.

2. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

keep in mind that the brioni shirts on ebay will have a tiny little collar, which you won't likely care for. They aren't like those in the stores with more of a substantial/ longer point, like borrelli or others have.

3. hopkins_student

Thanks for the tip.

If I want a Brioni am I going to need to look to retail?

Thanks.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I think that occasionally, Ian Andrews, aka World's Finest has Brioni shirts. Â Otherwise, I can look out at Filene's Basement for you. Â Be warned though, that even there, the prices for a Brioni shirt is $199.

5. hopkins_student

Thanks for the link.

What is fair retail price for a white French cuff Brioni shirt? What would you recommend as comparable to Brioni?

I just had a white Zegna ruined, so I figured it was time to upgrade.

Thanks again.

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

It depends on your style. I personally prefer Attolini shirts above Kiton, Borrelli, etc... because of the collar style - plus, I am really attracted to the script label - irrelevant, I know, but it *is* an aesthetic consideration. Brioni shirts are well made, and IMO, generally have a crisper hand than the softer, lighter weight Neapolitan shirts. I like them. I personally think that paying $200 for a shirt is an extravagance, but I live on a postdocs salary. If you are earning well into the six figures and are single, $200 is not bad, considering that retail is about $350+. Of course, some would argue for MTM at that price range.

7. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

Burini makes a decent shirt, but I still prefer the neapolitans (especially the collars).

koji

8. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

I agree that Brioni's collars tend to be small. I don't mind too much, but it's something to consider. If you're looking for something comparable to Brioni, I'd suggest Lorenzini or Charvet or maybe even Battistoni. These are pretty much the top of the line of machine made shirts.

9. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

If I want a Brioni am I going to need to look to retail?
    I think that occasionally, Ian Andrews, aka World's Finest has Brioni shirts. Â Otherwise, I can look out at Filene's Basement for you. Â Be warned though, that even there, the prices for a Brioni shirt is $199.
    Do the sleeves of the Brioni dress shirts sold at FB run on the shorter or longer side?

10. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

They had Brioni shirts at NM Last Call near Las Vegas for about $150 less 20%.  I was just there yesterday.  I believe they have 16.5 and 17's left.  I can't comment on the sleeve length, because they were not my size, but the two Brioni shirts that I own came with sleeve lengths of about 35.5".

You get an additional 5% off if you use your Neiman's card. I'd give them a call if you're interested.