• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brioni & Kiton & Rubinacci

Mecnun

Reaction score
I had recently a suit done from the following makers:

Brioni - London Bruton Street (MTM) - Super 150, Navy Birds-Eye
Kiton - Milan (MTM) - Super 180, Navy Sharkskin
Rubinacci - Milan (Bespoke) - Navy, Super 130 with 5% Cashmere, Navy Heringbone

I received all three garments at the same time. They all feel extremely comfortable and light and wear very well. However, after wearing all three suits my friends and my wife say that the one that looks the best on me. Allsuits are 3-button, notched lapel, slanted pockets with ticket pocket, double-pleated, fly,button, turn-up pants. So the style is very similar on all three suits with the only difference in cloth material.

However, all my friends believe that the Brioni looks the most stylish. The general view is that the Rubinacci cut is a bit to casual and more "old-school", whilst the Kiton compared to the Brioni does not have the same slim-sport structure. I just thought I will share these views forum-members. I am happy with all three, but I also think that the Brioni looks more my age (30).

I must say the master-tailor Donato in the Brioni shop on Bruton Street in London is very good. Although the service is not Bespoke and the customer only has only one try-on in the beginning and the end (when the finished garment comes from Rome), he was very good in taking my measurements and body-specifics. When my suit arrived in London it felt like a glove and did not need any alteration. Kiton provides a similar service in Milan. However when my suit did arrive from Naples, it needed quiete a bit of work on the waist and the arms also needed more shortening. Unfortunately I did not have the chance to meet Mr. Rubinacci during my three-trials for my Rubinacci suit from Milan. His son was very helpful together with the tailors in Milan and gave me very good advise during the construction of the suit. What was interesting for me was that while the Brioni and Kiton suits are not Bespoke they feel the same as the Rubinacci. I guess it is the handwork involved in all three products.

CoryB

Reaction score
Pictures!!! After all the debate regarding silhouettes you must post pictures.

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
You own my favorite suit makers; Rubinacci... Someone get me on a plane to Milan..

We need pictures.......

Mecnun

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have the technology yet to post pictures. Will do hopefully in the near future.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review. I think you pretty much just proved that once you get to a certain level, it doesn`t matter what you get, as long as it the best for you

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mecnun
Unfortunately I don't have the technology yet to post pictures. Will do hopefully in the near future.

Thanks for the great post. The question that comes to mind is that, after purchasing one of each suit, which of the 3 makers will you be getting for your next suit purchase?

It seems like you are leaning toward Brioni. If I may ask, was the pricing similar for the 3 different names, and what was the approximate pricing?

You made me chuckle when you said you lack the technology to post the pictures. Arguably, you have just bought 3 of the world's finest suits, and I assume you don't have a digital camera. I'm not being critical. I didn't have a digital camera till very recently. I just posted my first pictures to the Forum tonight.

When you are ready to post those pictures, the following link should help:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=1937

We'll be looking forward to the pictures!

Regards and Thanks,
rnoldh

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder, and pictures would help determine this, whether it's that the Brioni fits Mecnum best, or that most people, for whatever reason, find Brioni's more aggressive and structured silhouette more stylish (or, more likely some combination of both.)

Mecnun

Reaction score
The pricing of all three suits was very similar. They each cost me about c.£2,300 ($4,000). The Kiton was slightly cheaper (c.£150) than the Brioni and Rubinacci. I think I will go for the Brioni with the next purchase. As said before they are all great suits, but I just think Brioni's more structured silhouette style makes me look my age (30). All three suits are very comfortable, but the Rubinacci in particular is very unstructured and more build for comfort than style.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
$12,000 on suits and you don't have a digital camera??
wow.gif

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
$12,000 on suits and you don't have a digital camera??
wow.gif

Thats what I'm saying...

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Clearly just a man with the right priorities.
cool.gif

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Clearly just a man with the right priorities.
cool.gif

Exactly! I can understand. A digital camera has been on my "to-buy" list for the past 6-12 months, as I acquire items worthy of being photographed.
thumbs-up.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads