• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brioni Dress Shirts

slaavwmr

Reaction score
What is the general feeling on Brioni dress shirts? Quality? What other brands are in a similar class to them? Also, How much do they retail for in department stores/Brioni store in NYC?

Thanks

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that they are one of the best machine made shirts. I think the stitching is finer than either Charvet or Lorenzini. And I think that the collars -- though shaped significantly differently than say, Borrelli -- are in Borrelli territory in terms of quality. They blow away Lorenzini in terms of substantialness (Lorenzini feels a bit paperish compared to Brioni collars). Their buttons are very good.

They retail for anywhere from $350 - $500 depending on the fabric, which can range from very good to superlative.

petescolari

Reaction score
I agree with JN3...I am just not a fan of the straight collar type. When I have come across them, this has prevented me from buying them at FB.

slaavwmr

Reaction score
Brioni shirts are only point collar, or do they come in spread?

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As an (honest) salesman said at the Brioni store once, "don't get me wrong..."
The shirts are made by Burini, in Bergamo, home of the indecipherable Italian dialect.

koji

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As an (honest) salesman said at the Brioni store once, "don't get me wrong..." koji
biggrin.gif
"But, there's better" Jon.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Koji is right of course. There are better shirts at the price point. I think Fray makes a better shirt, and those retail for about what Brioni's do. Borrelli is a better shirt at the price point as well. But if you can find a Brioni in a fabric you like at a discount price, you are buying a quality product.

Chrenetique

Reaction score

An old Forum but would like to know what their fit is like. Anyone?

I have a lot of Brioni shirts for Neiman Marcus. The cut is pretty "large" if you have a slim body, not tent-like of course... but not suitable at all with a pair of jeans and no jacket, for example. The shirt drapes much around the arms, at the waist, and sometimes even the front of the shirt makes "waves", if your posture is hunchbacked. However, it drapes beautifully, it looks good, rich, and feels comfortable. Overall, I love these shirts. Zegna will provide you a slimmer, cleaner cut, but it won't feel as luxurious (fabrics, stitching, collars, etc.).

rudals1281

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have a lot of Brioni shirts for Neiman Marcus. The cut is pretty "large" if you have a slim body, not tent-like of course... but not suitable at all with a pair of jeans and no jacket, for example. The shirt drapes much around the arms, at the waist, and sometimes even the front of the shirt makes "waves", if your posture is hunchbacked. However, it drapes beautifully, it looks good, rich, and feels comfortable. Overall, I love these shirts. Zegna will provide you a slimmer, cleaner cut, but it won't feel as luxurious (fabrics, stitching, collars, etc.).
Wow great response. Thanks.
I have a slim body so I had to go with RLBL or Zegna Milano. The fit has been great but before I go out on a spending spree thought I do some research. One thing that bothers me about Zegna is that their prices are similar to Brioni and Zegna says their fabric improved but I don't buy it..yet. Great feedback.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics