1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Brioni book

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Nick M, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

Has anyone read 'Brioni: A Universe of Style' by Farid Chenoune? I was thinking about picking up a copy. Are the photos up to the caliber of, say, 'Dressing the Man' or 'Gentleman'?

Thanks.

2. mistahlee

mistahlee Senior member

It is a small book.  The photographs are not the same quality as those in the books you mentioned.

3. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

The first 16 pages contain a history of the company, the rest is pictures. Interesting, but I wouldn't pay full price for it.

4. Pink22m

Pink22m Senior member

Where did you purchase the Brioni book? I am craving any fashion reading material, and bookstores never seem to have what I am looking for.

5. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

I'd be glad to sell someone my copy of the book; good condition, no dust cover. Or, I would be more than happy to do a swap/ lend for a book or magazine I haven't had the chance to enjoy.

6. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

You can probably find the Brioni book in any university library. Mine has it. I went through it in about 5 minutes. It's a picture book -- and not very good ones by today's standards. The text contains information that a bit of browsing on this board could give you. Nice book to just browse at the bookstore -- but don't buy it. You're better off putting those funds towards an actual Brioni suit.