Brioni book

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Nick M, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

Has anyone read 'Brioni: A Universe of Style' by Farid Chenoune? I was thinking about picking up a copy. Are the photos up to the caliber of, say, 'Dressing the Man' or 'Gentleman'?

Thanks.

2. mistahlee

mistahlee Senior member

It is a small book.  The photographs are not the same quality as those in the books you mentioned.

3. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

The first 16 pages contain a history of the company, the rest is pictures. Interesting, but I wouldn't pay full price for it.

4. Pink22m

Pink22m Senior member

Where did you purchase the Brioni book? I am craving any fashion reading material, and bookstores never seem to have what I am looking for.

5. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

I'd be glad to sell someone my copy of the book; good condition, no dust cover. Or, I would be more than happy to do a swap/ lend for a book or magazine I haven't had the chance to enjoy.

6. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

You can probably find the Brioni book in any university library. Mine has it. I went through it in about 5 minutes. It's a picture book -- and not very good ones by today's standards. The text contains information that a bit of browsing on this board could give you. Nice book to just browse at the bookstore -- but don't buy it. You're better off putting those funds towards an actual Brioni suit.