1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Brioni Book-50 Yrs. of mens fashion

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bespoken2, Nov 10, 2004.

1. bespoken2

bespoken2 Member

Gents,

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the Brioni Book, 50 years of mens fashion? (or was it menswear?) I saw a copy on display at Bergdorf's a couple of years ago. I've search old book stores on the net and elsewhere, to no avail. I would like to have it to top off my collection of menswear fashion books. Any assistance would be appreciated.
    thanks,
    bespoken

2. petescolari

petescolari Senior member

It looks as though it is scarce and pricey...much like Brioni's clothes. I checked Amazon and there are two used copies, both over $100. http://www.amazon.com/exec....s=books Barnes & Noble also have a bookseller with 1 copy at $142.00 http://search.barnesandnoble.com/oopbook....rFlag=Y I checked Addall as well but the Amazon sellers were the only results. Â You might want to check some other sites as well. Â But those three are usually the best and cheapest. Â Good luck. What did book collectors do before the internet? Oh yeah, there were independent bookstores.

3. bespoken2

bespoken2 Member

It has been awhile since I checked, but I am surprised to find it at my favorite place to buy books. Well, I've bit the bullet and I'm going to order it. It would pretty much complete my collection. I'm afraid if I wait too long, I will miss out and overpay for it. Same thing with the encyclopedia of mens fashions book by esquire. Slept it and had to wait 2 years before I finally snagged a copy off of ebay. A major find and addition to my collection.. Thank you..
    bespoken

4. jekv12

jekv12 Senior member

I also like the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America http://www.abaa.org/ A search for Brioni there turned up a book by Farid Chenoune, in the Universe of Fashion Series, not your book, though it does seem to have some of the house's history.

5. bespoken2

bespoken2 Member

I have that book, by farid. It's good, but not on the same level as the book from the company. Thanks for the heads up.
    bespoken2

6. 1Dgaf

1Dgaf Senior member

My mother recommended abebooks.com to me. Looks good.