brioni 1 button

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by raley, Dec 2, 2004.

1. raley

raley Senior member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....hosting I am looking for a nice blazer to dress up some darker gray wool pants for a more formal look at some parties this holiday season with the family over in Egypt. Would this be a good way to start off the collection? High quality obviously, but a good buy? How modern is this style - 1 button doesn't seem all too common. Thanks for your opinions.

2. Sevcom

Sevcom Senior member

One-button jackets have been around; they're Huntsman's house style. The thing is, they're can be tricky to make look good, and it's easier for a 1B jacket to look awful.

However, I still dig them, and the Brioni looks pretty good.

3. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

I've got a one button suit on the way from Darren. It looked really sharp at my last fitting. But I think the right body type may be an important factor in how it comes off. I'm 6'3" and 185 or so.

4. raley

raley Senior member

Any idea on the right body type? I guess I should pass this up as it is a more "if it looks good" type deal. I am about 6'1" 160 however fwiw.

5. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I like one-buttons, and actually I like the cut of that jacket, but a one-button blazer (the kind with actual metal buttons) is a serious mismatch of styles, IMO. One-buttons are reminiscent of formal wear, and are not appropriate for a blazer, which has always been a casual piece. It would be like a having notch lapel dinner jacket (tuxedo). Not acceptable, IMO.

However, 99% of people will never notice it only has one button, and most of those who do will probably not care.

6. ROT

ROT Senior member

I'm sure it's heresy, but you could always replace the buttons. I agree that they look kind of funny on that formal a style.

7. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Odd. The front button looks like black horn or plastic. The sleeve buttons, from the side, look like metal.

8. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

It says it has "Custom Gold and Black Initial Buttons". I hadn't scrolled up to see the description. Also, it is black, not navy. So I guess I approve. If it looks weird with the part metal buttons, have them switched out for black ones.

Whether it will look good on your body type I can't say.