1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Bright Socks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by downtime, Apr 7, 2006.

1. downtime

downtime Member

I have been lurking in the background for a while and finding great answers to almost every question of which I can think. Save one - Are there good places online to buy bright socks with or without interesting designs that are over the Calf? Ben Silver is the only source I have found thus far. Thanks in advance.

2. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

Was discussed recently, here or on Andy's. Tyrwhitt has some, STP sometimes has some, I'm sure there are others. Bright socks tend to get discounted because they don't sell quickly.

Tom

3. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Paul Stuart. Harvie & Hudson (you can also phone T&A, N&L, etc.) Vivre.com may have some. Ovadafut, too.

4. downtime

downtime Member

5. GreyFlannelMan

GreyFlannelMan Senior member

6. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

Downtime,
    Thanks for stopping by the store today. I have a penchant for socks, especially the bright and unusual, I'm known for my yellow fixation. My wife thinks I'm nuts for stocking so many but we have a following in that category as well as others.
    We stock Marcolini, Bresciani and Greyson Reade for those that are interested.

Best Regards,

Gary

7. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Alexander Kabbaz sells almost the entire Pantherella line including wonderful colors. www.customshirt1.com. Everyone will agree he is quite a character.
    Richard James socks -- at Barneys and Mitchells in the States -- they started offering OTC socks in their incredible colors.
    Turnbull & Asser in NYC sells rebranded Pantherellas in excellent colors
    Charvet at Bergdorf Goodman
    Woods of Shropshire online -- wonderful service and prices -- great Pantherellas including some handpainted socks (!!!!!). They will take off VAT from their reasonable (for Pantherella) prices and shipping is relatively low.

8. knittieguy

knittieguy Senior member

9. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

I looked at stroke socks a while ago, but they are made of nylon or something. Not cotton, not wool, not appealing.

10. downtime

downtime Member

Thank you all for your direction. On a whim I stopped by Drinkwater's and they have some fantastic offerings if you don't think your socks should match your pants...

11. NukeMeSlowly

NukeMeSlowly Senior member

Downtime,
    Thanks for stopping by the store today. I have a penchant for socks, especially the bright and unusual, I'm known for my yellow fixation. My wife thinks I'm nuts for stocking so many but we have a following in that category as well as others.
    We stock Marcolini, Bresciani and Greyson Reade for those that are interested.

Best Regards,

Gary

Sounds good. Do you stock OTC in groovy colors (pink, etc)? Do you do mail order? What is the price range? Thanks.