Bright Red Shoes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mert54, Jan 13, 2009.

1. mert54

mert54 Senior member

My father bought me these bright red ferrari puma shoes that may be the absolute ugliest shoes I have ever seen. Because he gave them to me, I am obligated to wear them and I can't return them. How would you wear them? Help me! I don't want to look retarded, and I would prefer for them no to go into my never wear section, which they might even before I wear them.
    [​IMG]

2. cldpsu

cldpsu Senior member

Take them to Jean Shop

3. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

Get a Ferrari. I was just photographing an exotic auto show and quite a few old guys were matching these to their cars. I wasn't about to stop em.

4. 2sweet

2sweet Senior member

I'm going to be serious here. Talk to your dad while wearing your shoes. Tell him you look like an idiot wearing them. Then return them to his possession.

PS: If he won't accept them, throw them in the trash. In front of him. He'll get the message.

5. Wupper

Wupper Senior member

6. gkl

gkl Well-Known Member

I'm going to be serious here. Talk to your dad while wearing your shoes. Tell him you look like an idiot wearing them. Then return them to his possession.

PS: If he won't accept them, throw them in the trash. In front of him. He'll get the message.

And then start packing bags as he's going to throw out you

7. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

I'll try to answer your question seriously. Red shoes are tough, but you can pull them off. I'd say try to keep it fairly simple... make the shoes be the one point of color with your outfit... definitely with jeans and a tee would work, or jeans and sportswear. I'd keep OTHER colors to a minimum... other than the shoes, simple white or grey. If you have too much color, it will look clownish.

Greys, whites, even tan/khaki can look decent with red... but I'd avoid too dark colors (I personally don't like red/black).

Good luck!

8. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

I had some red Superstars once, and eventually ended up donating them because they were too hard to use. There are a few things that it can give lfe too, such as khakis and white/gray polor, or with jeans and polo/tshirt.

9. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Donate them to the less fortunate and move on. Red can work, but those there have no hope. I don't like pretending so if it were me, I would respectfully tell my dad thanks, but they just don't work for me.

10. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Wow, those pretty much define eurotrash.

+1 on a donation. Your dad can't get mad if you give them to the needy. Just say you had too many sneakers, and you thought it would be a nice way to spread holiday cheer.

(Also I think it would be cool to see a homeless guy kicking around in those)

11. dave

dave Senior member

I love red shoes and I wear them all the time. Khakis and red look great. (just avoid Target while sporting the red n tan).

I do like black and red as well so I sport em with black jeans etc. darkass indigos as well. Different horses for different courses though.

12. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

if your job allows sneakers wear them to work. you'll be wearing them a lot and get good use out of them.

13. feynmix

feynmix Senior member

I love red shoes and I wear them all the time. Khakis and red look great. (just avoid Target while sporting the red n tan).

I do like black and red as well so I sport em with black jeans etc. darkass indigos as well. Different horses for different courses though.

+1. I wear red sneakers with grey jeans, indigo jeans, khakis, chinos in black, etc...I get a lot of compliments for them too.

14. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

15. lizmasc

lizmasc Senior member

Now you have to buy a ferrari to match those. And a red jacket, red pants... and red socks. Just a tiny letter of difference red scks? Nah, I like red but I'm not sure I'd wear those [​IMG] [​IMG]