• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Bright Red Shoes

mert54

Reaction score
My father bought me these bright red ferrari puma shoes that may be the absolute ugliest shoes I have ever seen. Because he gave them to me, I am obligated to wear them and I can't return them. How would you wear them? Help me! I don't want to look retarded, and I would prefer for them no to go into my never wear section, which they might even before I wear them.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get a Ferrari. I was just photographing an exotic auto show and quite a few old guys were matching these to their cars. I wasn't about to stop em.

2sweet

Reaction score
I'm going to be serious here. Talk to your dad while wearing your shoes. Tell him you look like an idiot wearing them. Then return them to his possession.

PS: If he won't accept them, throw them in the trash. In front of him. He'll get the message.

gkl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 2sweet
I'm going to be serious here. Talk to your dad while wearing your shoes. Tell him you look like an idiot wearing them. Then return them to his possession.

PS: If he won't accept them, throw them in the trash. In front of him. He'll get the message.

And then start packing bags as he's going to throw out you

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'll try to answer your question seriously. Red shoes are tough, but you can pull them off. I'd say try to keep it fairly simple... make the shoes be the one point of color with your outfit... definitely with jeans and a tee would work, or jeans and sportswear. I'd keep OTHER colors to a minimum... other than the shoes, simple white or grey. If you have too much color, it will look clownish.

Greys, whites, even tan/khaki can look decent with red... but I'd avoid too dark colors (I personally don't like red/black).

Good luck!

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
I had some red Superstars once, and eventually ended up donating them because they were too hard to use. There are a few things that it can give lfe too, such as khakis and white/gray polor, or with jeans and polo/tshirt.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Donate them to the less fortunate and move on. Red can work, but those there have no hope. I don't like pretending so if it were me, I would respectfully tell my dad thanks, but they just don't work for me.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, those pretty much define eurotrash.

+1 on a donation. Your dad can't get mad if you give them to the needy. Just say you had too many sneakers, and you thought it would be a nice way to spread holiday cheer.

(Also I think it would be cool to see a homeless guy kicking around in those)

dave

Reaction score
I love red shoes and I wear them all the time. Khakis and red look great. (just avoid Target while sporting the red n tan).

I do like black and red as well so I sport em with black jeans etc. darkass indigos as well. Different horses for different courses though.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if your job allows sneakers wear them to work. you'll be wearing them a lot and get good use out of them.

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dave
I love red shoes and I wear them all the time. Khakis and red look great. (just avoid Target while sporting the red n tan).

I do like black and red as well so I sport em with black jeans etc. darkass indigos as well. Different horses for different courses though.

+1. I wear red sneakers with grey jeans, indigo jeans, khakis, chinos in black, etc...I get a lot of compliments for them too.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ The questions is, would you guys wear the red sneakers the OP posted? For the sake of our future, I sure hope not.

lizmasc

Reaction score
Now you have to buy a ferrari to match those. And a red jacket, red pants... and red socks. Just a tiny letter of difference red scks? Nah, I like red but I'm not sure I'd wear those

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 255 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.7%
  • 31 - 40