• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brigade - Affiliate Thread

justin hustle

Reaction score
that i have no control over, but thats pretty rude. our sales people arent even close to uppity.

you should really step back to earth. were pretty much the most laid back atmosphere around when it comes to this "fashion world"

jufros

Reaction score
I've waited over two months for a brigade order. Haven't been refunded and I've had countless emails and pms ignored. I've called the store 4 times. I would never buy from brigade online again. Can't vouch for the in-store service though.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jufros
I've waited over two months for a brigade order. Haven't been refunded and I've had countless emails and pms ignored. I've called the store 4 times. I would never buy from brigade online again. Can't vouch for the in-store service though.

You talking about their NDG pre-order? If so, I recall that stuff wasn't shipping until Jan, and that they were pretty upfront about saying so.

jufros

Reaction score
Was told Justin would call five days ago. No response from my pms despite Justin's having logged in several times. Do not special order anything from brigade. Over two months with no refund and no word as to what on earth is going on with my order. Worst service I have ever encountered in my life.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was told Justin would call five days ago. No response from my pms despite Justin's having logged in several times. Do not special order anything from brigade. Over two months with no refund and no word as to what on earth is going on with my order. Worst service I have ever encountered in my life.

Yea, but you were told that it would take a while to get the NDG stuff. I had ordered some NDG jeans (which I subsequently tried on, and realized they didn't fit so I ordered different jeans), but I was told that NDG spring stuff would ship late Jan. So, my plan was to wait until late Jan, then call back. If this were an in-stock item, that's one thing, but it's not like they weren't up-front about the timeframe for special orders from that line.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dude, I don't know why you're so defensive on Brigade's behalf. There's plenty of evidence in this thread that they have been repeatedly bad about communicating with customers. Plus, he sounds like an ass every time he responds to complaints.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Dude, I don't know why you're so defensive on Brigade's behalf. There's plenty of evidence in this thread that they have been repeatedly bad about communicating with customers. Plus, he sounds like an ass every time he responds to complaints.

Because people seem to wait for him to call (for the most part), and every time I've gotten Justin on the phone (by picking up mine and dialing, a novel idea, I know), I've gotten everything I needed taken care of. I've learned you have to be proactive sometimes to get results, and when I've been proactive, my experiences with Brigade have been pretty good.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got Justin on the phone once and this is B. Son, not NDG.

FWIW, special orders of any sort are going to take some time, and are a ***** for all involved.

This is usually how it goes. Retailer phones rep. Rep phones manufacturer to check stock. Manufacturer eventually gets around to checking, then to calling the rep back. The rep calls the retailer asking if he still wants the piece, then the communication goes all the way back to the manufacturer. In this case, if I understand the situation correctly, there was actually no stock, and the company was actually going to fire up production for a particularly popular piece. This takes a couple of weeks extra. I know that at least one other company contemplated this move, looked at the hassle, and just forgot about it.

I can only speak from my own experience, which has been that service has been really fast and responsive.

I know that a few of you have had really good experiences with Engineered Garments and Drinkwaters. Well, I gotta say that a few factors are working in your favor there. First of all, Engineered Garments runs its own showroom, and the company, as I understand it, is pretty small and integrated, so Gary calls Angelo, and he gets an answer nearly right away. Also, Garyhas a very close and old relationship with the brand and the designer. And finally, the people at Engineered Garments, and Daiki in particular, are very aware of this forum and the affection members here have for the brand.

idlewild

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just registered on styleforum, I usually spend most of my time on superfuture, anyway after ordering from Brigade 2 months ago and still not receiving my order I felt I had to post here.

Around November 7th I ordered the Corpus Quilted Leather Bomber jacket. I wasn't told at the time that it wasn't in stock but that was fine. Anyway I have been contacting Justin numerous times over email and the phone. He rarely replies to emails and when he does he has some excuse for not responding.

I just found this thread and have noticed him posting that he received 4 of the jackets on Dec 23rd, and started selling them at a discount price. I have been waiting for my jacket for 2 months and I paid full price. Its absolutely ridiculous. Last week he finally emailed me and said I would get a tracking number within a day and that the jacket was sent. I have still not received a tracking number, nor has the jacket arrived and I have not received any response to my latest emails or been able to contact Brigade over the phone.

At first I thought the jacket was late because Justin told me Corpus was backed up. But after seeing him sell the exact jacket I bought on this thread at a discounted price has completely changed my mind on the subject. It is clear that Brigade/Justin is just screwing around with people and has no decency whatsoever.

I have emails back and forth between Brigade to prove all of this and I have my visa to show I have paid full price. At this point I don't even want the jacket, I just want a refund, but Brigade won't even do that...its terrible.

justin hustle

Reaction score
I literally have dealt with a **** storm today.

I can assure any of you, the previous people who were helping out with our webstore are no longer employed at brigade.

in addition, as soon as i can sort these items to names, roughly everyone who had a back order or out of stock order on hold has been shipped.

give me about a day and all of you will have updated credits/shipping info.

i cant begin to explain what helped lead up to this other than certain peoples greedy nature.

if you need anything. please email me directly, [email protected].

as well we will be doing a huge inventory sale and updates all over the webstore.

with live inventory. please bare with us for about 2 weeks. and we will have all kinds of new goodies for ya

scoolio

Reaction score
I wonder if Brigade will continue to be an affiliate with this forum.

Anyway, I've been to Brigade in person, and let me just say that they do not have the resources to even think about sustaining a successful and efficient online store.

thenewflannel

Reaction score
Anyone heard from this guy? I called the store, no answer. I got an email a while ago saying my order had shipped, but it's been ten days and I still don't have it. What's the deal?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads