• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Briefs: The Final Destination?

converge

Reaction score
For years I always wore really baggy boxers under all of my pants. Then a couple years ago, when I started wearing slimmer jeans, I switched to boxer-briefs. However, I've never been satisfied. I've tried tons of different brands and styles (trunks) and I always have the same problem: the ride up my thighs. So I decided to try a pair of briefs: 2(x)ist Soy Briefs. Instant gratification. I get the same support as boxer-briefs but since there is not all of that extra material around the thighs, I get zero riding and 100% comfort. Sure, they look ridiculous, but ultimately I see myself switching over permanently. Unless there is a better way?

hi-val

Reaction score
In with banana hammock before someone else is.

Boxers bunch up a LOT in slim pants.

Might as well get the freeballing joke over with too.

mimesis

Reaction score
They don't even look ridiculous. I mean, unless you're a fatass.

Countertenor

Reaction score
You're exactly right. Boxer-briefs are useless. The boxer-brief love has always been confusing.

cookieoflife

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Countertenor
You're exactly right. Boxer-briefs are useless. The boxer-brief love has always been confusing.
When not sized down 3, they offer support without restricting movment. I've never had a problem with boxer-briefs riding up, but I've also never gone into skinny cuts. On the other hand, I do cycle through a pair of AA briefs. Fun colors. The ladies love it.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's briefs or boxers for me. never understood the point of the boxer brief; the boxer is supposed to be relaxed while the brief offers structure and support, you merge the two and they cancel each other out might as well get a brief.

i dont like how boxers tend to ride up, other than that i just wear either one depending on which is immediately available.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me it`s always been briefs. I don`t understand boxers and boxer briefs
smile.gif

southgate house

Reaction score
As a gay man, I can honestly say that men look MUCH better in a nice, well fitting pair of white calvin klein briefs than some raggedy boxers. Just throw them out after they get stains and work out.

capnpyro

Reaction score
Stretch boxer briefs are the end-all-be-all of ball cupping technology as far as Im concerned. I've put many long minutes of thought into this and tried a good half a dozen or more brands, the best one by far is the Calvin Klein Tech Cool-- the length and non-dorkiness of boxers, and the tightness and non-bunchiness of briefs. The tech cool is moisture whicking so if youre active during the day your boys stay drier. http://www.amazon.com/Calvin-Klein-U...0647539&sr=8-1 Yes, now youve all found me out, I've been here for years as a shill for Calvin Klein waiting for the moment when I can spring the Tech Cool boxer briefs on you.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
i have the calvin klein 365 briefs. actually i have the whole range, and i like the briefs the best. the hip brief rides up and give me wedgies and the boxer briefs bunch up in the leg.

i reccomend getting something that is 99% cotton and 1% some kind of manmade stretchy fabric so they keep their shape and don't stretch out. nothing more unattractive than a pair of stretched out droopy drawers briefs

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Nothing beats slim boxers for men with penises.

capnpyro

Reaction score
What then, sir, do you propose men without penises wear?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
What then, sir, do you propose men without penises wear?

I believe whodini would be the most qualified person to answer this question.

morse9443

Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
Stretch boxer briefs are the end-all-be-all of ball cupping technology as far as Im concerned. I've put many long minutes of thought into this and tried a good half a dozen or more brands, the best one by far is the Calvin Klein Tech Cool-- the length and non-dorkiness of boxers, and the tightness and non-bunchiness of briefs. The tech cool is moisture whicking so if youre active during the day your boys stay drier.

http://www.amazon.com/Calvin-Klein-U...0647539&sr=8-1

Yes, now youve all found me out, I've been here for years as a shill for Calvin Klein waiting for the moment when I can spring the Tech Cool boxer briefs on you.

Thanks for the info man! I just moved from boxers to boxer briefs, but have been dissatisfied with the performance of the ones I've bought so far. Too loose = may as well have not switched in the first place. I'll try these fancy ones and report back on the ball hugging and non ride-up capabilities.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads