Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Briefs: The Final Destination?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by converge, May 12, 2008.

1. converge

converge Senior member

For years I always wore really baggy boxers under all of my pants. Then a couple years ago, when I started wearing slimmer jeans, I switched to boxer-briefs. However, I've never been satisfied. I've tried tons of different brands and styles (trunks) and I always have the same problem: the ride up my thighs. So I decided to try a pair of briefs: 2(x)ist Soy Briefs. Instant gratification. I get the same support as boxer-briefs but since there is not all of that extra material around the thighs, I get zero riding and 100% comfort. Sure, they look ridiculous, but ultimately I see myself switching over permanently. Unless there is a better way?

2. hi-val

hi-val Senior member

In with banana hammock before someone else is.

Boxers bunch up a LOT in slim pants.

Might as well get the freeballing joke over with too.

3. mimesis

mimesis Well-Known Member

They don't even look ridiculous. I mean, unless you're a fatass.

4. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I'm with you man! Made the switch to briefs this year.

However, to avoid looking like (1) myself at 8 or (2) my father, I get the variety packs of Hanes that come in black, navy, and grey.

5. Countertenor

Countertenor Senior member

You're exactly right. Boxer-briefs are useless. The boxer-brief love has always been confusing.

6. cookieoflife

cookieoflife Senior member

You're exactly right. Boxer-briefs are useless. The boxer-brief love has always been confusing.
    When not sized down 3, they offer support without restricting movment. I've never had a problem with boxer-briefs riding up, but I've also never gone into skinny cuts. On the other hand, I do cycle through a pair of AA briefs. Fun colors. The ladies love it.

7. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Senior member

it's briefs or boxers for me. never understood the point of the boxer brief; the boxer is supposed to be relaxed while the brief offers structure and support, you merge the two and they cancel each other out might as well get a brief.

i dont like how boxers tend to ride up, other than that i just wear either one depending on which is immediately available.

8. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

For me it`s always been briefs. I don`t understand boxers and boxer briefs [​IMG]

9. southgate house

southgate house Senior member

As a gay man, I can honestly say that men look MUCH better in a nice, well fitting pair of white calvin klein briefs than some raggedy boxers. Just throw them out after they get stains and work out.

10. capnpyro

capnpyro Senior member

Stretch boxer briefs are the end-all-be-all of ball cupping technology as far as Im concerned. I've put many long minutes of thought into this and tried a good half a dozen or more brands, the best one by far is the Calvin Klein Tech Cool-- the length and non-dorkiness of boxers, and the tightness and non-bunchiness of briefs. The tech cool is moisture whicking so if youre active during the day your boys stay drier. http://www.amazon.com/Calvin-Klein-U...0647539&sr=8-1 Yes, now youve all found me out, I've been here for years as a shill for Calvin Klein waiting for the moment when I can spring the Tech Cool boxer briefs on you.

11. sbbbjm

sbbbjm Senior member

i have the calvin klein 365 briefs. actually i have the whole range, and i like the briefs the best. the hip brief rides up and give me wedgies and the boxer briefs bunch up in the leg.

i reccomend getting something that is 99% cotton and 1% some kind of manmade stretchy fabric so they keep their shape and don't stretch out. nothing more unattractive than a pair of stretched out droopy drawers briefs

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

Nothing beats slim boxers for men with penises.

13. capnpyro

capnpyro Senior member

What then, sir, do you propose men without penises wear?

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

What then, sir, do you propose men without penises wear?

I believe whodini would be the most qualified person to answer this question.

15. morse9443

morse9443 Senior member

Stretch boxer briefs are the end-all-be-all of ball cupping technology as far as Im concerned. I've put many long minutes of thought into this and tried a good half a dozen or more brands, the best one by far is the Calvin Klein Tech Cool-- the length and non-dorkiness of boxers, and the tightness and non-bunchiness of briefs. The tech cool is moisture whicking so if youre active during the day your boys stay drier.

http://www.amazon.com/Calvin-Klein-U...0647539&sr=8-1

Yes, now youve all found me out, I've been here for years as a shill for Calvin Klein waiting for the moment when I can spring the Tech Cool boxer briefs on you.

Thanks for the info man! I just moved from boxers to boxer briefs, but have been dissatisfied with the performance of the ones I've bought so far. Too loose = may as well have not switched in the first place. I'll try these fancy ones and report back on the ball hugging and non ride-up capabilities.