• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Briefcase that is both refined and sturdy

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To the OP, you might consider a briefcase made of full grain leather with quality construction and stitching with good quality buckles, latches etc. They aren’t all as heavy as a Saddleback but they will be relatively stiff and heavy compared to one made of top grain leather or a softer Napa leather, for example, like your original briefcase. These days there are plenty of small online places selling vegetable tanned full grain leather bags so you have plenty of options.

angelman

Reaction score
I like big backpacks that can hold a lot of things!
In general, I have a collection of bags and backpacks. And everyone has their purpose. For example, if I want to go to the gym and shake my muscles a little, I take my usual backpack. But for work, I asked this company Backpacks.Global to sew a separate copy for me. And they made this one! I have a chic leather briefcase serving me for several years, and I have no problems. I consider it luck because my friend also made himself a custom leather briefcase, but at another company. And I can say that he began to tear this briefcase and so on. Well, that's what I think.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads