• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

briefcase style/ brand?

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what brands and styles of briefcases you all use.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zero Halliburton Elite. Nothing else. Ever.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a kelly green Prada flap-over, and a London tan Swaine Adeney Brigg document case for more conservative situations. The latter will last a lifetime.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Mandarina Duck Workbag for laptop etc when I am in town or travelling. I also have a thin London tan Swaine Adeney Brigg document case with retractable handles and lock that I use when carrying light paperwork around. This slips into my MD bag when I am travelling.

I love the SAB case that I think Whoopee has, but it is very heavy (weighs many times more than what you normally carry in it) and quite large. That aside, it is a great piece that will look even better when your grandson goes to work with it.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just got a latico Basics in Black from TJ MAxx for $70. Im pretty happy with it

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This may sound stupid, but I have an MD-style bag that is very tipsy. It has front and a back sections and if only one has stuff in it, it will fall over. Plus if you are holding the handle, the shoulder strap tends to fall down under it as you set it down, again causing it to fall over. Moral of the story: try to shove if full of things (papers, pda, notebook, whatever) in the store and see how it handles it before you buy it. Plus mine is black leather and feels awfully awkward to carry in the summer.

b

summej2

Reaction score
I use a variety of cases, some second hand, some new.

My laptop and travel case is Zero Halliburton DZ-5, which, though a bit over-the-top, has kept my computer safe through a number of incidents (I got it after being hit by a car while bike commuting). I often slip a thin Valextra portfolio in the Zero so I can have a smaller case after I arrive at my destination (usually conferences and meetings where the laptop isn't needed).

Normally I carry an older Timberland flap-over breifcase/messanger bag to work or a 50+ year old Atlas lawyer-type case if I need to carry many papers. When I need something bigger than the portfolio but more snazzy then my day-to-day cases I carry a suede Valextra flap over.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barantani

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I have a hard-shell Tumi case and a flip-top messenger style case that I use as my everyday workhorse.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
LV Laguito in brown Taiga. Sexiest case ever. It's not very big, but that's the point. I carry as little as I possibly can at all times. One day I may have to get something bigger, but for now, it works.

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of the time I wear a German milsurp canvas backpack in lieu of a briefcase.

Sometimes I'll carry around an Austrian milsurp leather mapcase if all I need on me is my cell, wallet, iPod, headphone amp, IEMs, and something to read.

When more grace is required, it's an Eddie Bauer bag I bought in 1998 that is a similar brown/olive canvas color as the current Dunhill Motorities line, with indifferent-quality brown leather trim and antiqued brass hardware. It's a great bag for the $70 or so I paid,

For formal situations, I carry a brown leather brief that my grandparents bought for an uncle who died before his time. It's made by a company called Gavi Pell according to the tags found inside of it, though the only marque on the bag itself is a brass plaque with the name of the store from whence it came (Harrod's) in their signature font on the inner back. It is highly derivative of the venerable Hermes brief in terms of design, but slightly deeper. It can barely fit a MacBook Pro in a thin sleeve in the middle pocket.

medwards

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A Swaine Adeney Brigg flapover document case in London tan leather

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads