• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Briefcase Appreciation thread

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hi everybody! I hope this is the right thread to ask this : I found a Dunhill Bourdon briefcase on Grailed, but as this is the fourth one this particular seller sells, I am a bit wary. He's in the US, I spoke with him and he's really articulate and willing to help, and his explanation regarding why he is selling so much Dunhill briefcases seems legit, but I wanna be completely sure before buying. I am not wealthy and would hate to buy a fake. Here are the pictures : Thanks a lot for your help!
looks legit. why is he selling so much dunhill on grailed?

ap10046

Reaction score
I've got a few BNWT Dunhill's if anyone were so inclined...?

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone kindly give me some feedback on St Dupont Ligne D Élysées brown briefcase? Is it durable and does the leather get a good patina over time?

Also drooling over Moynat's Juste A Tempes but I think it is way beyond my budget.

Dorian J.

Reaction score
I was in Cannes a few days ago and had to purchase the Berluti "Un Jour." I have an Hermès Sac à Dépêches in black, so needed a brown bag.

Dorian J.

Reaction score
Thanks, Wooly--love the color of yours.

The Craftsman

Reaction score
I was in Cannes a few days ago and had to purchase the Berluti "Un Jour." I have an Hermès Sac à Dépêches in black, so needed a brown bag.

Ever since I first saw this range, I've wanted to make something similar. It has great depth of character. I have some very deep purple leather which is antiqued like the Berluti leather.

Dorian J.

Reaction score

Ever since I first saw this range, I've wanted to make something similar. It has great depth of character. I have some very deep purple leather which is antiqued like the Berluti leather.

Would love to see the deep purple, Craftsman. Sounds cool!

Engineer05

Reaction score
I recently picked up a Vermilyea Pelle briefcase to replace a well-used Timbuk2. The Timbuk2 served me well for around 8 or 9 years, but it was starting to get dilapidated, and - frankly - I was ready for a change. The VP bag seems very well made, based on my limited knowledge of briefcase construction. This particular build is 18oz olive drab canvas with veg-tan horsehide straps. I've only had it for a week, but I'm already a fan of VP's products.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads