• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Briefcase Appreciation thread

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ bump, I wanna know aswell. That thing is sexy.

charlyanton

Reaction score
LL

Hello,
This briefcase is an Hermès Etrivière II and in Europe costs 3700 euro.
It has the classic sellier three row hand stitch and buckle.

case-study-hermes-etriviere-meeting-38-bag_2.jpg

vm1336

Reaction score
Some more pics of the Henry Tomkins Essential briefcase.

In the last photo it is loaded with my 13 inch MacBook Pro inside a CaseLogic padded case, some legal pads in a folder, and a power cord. The divider has pen and credit card holders, as well as a general purpose pocket. Overall I'm very pleased with the bag. It is very sturdy, the leather is thick, and it seems well constructed. One small issue is that you can see the grain and/or marks on the hide that still lightly show after the tanning process (almost like stretch marks on skin). You might see in the closeups what I'm talking about. This doesn't bother me but someone else might not appreciate it.

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
Some more pics of the Henry Tomkins Essential briefcase.

In the last photo it is loaded with my 13 inch MacBook Pro inside a CaseLogic padded case, some legal pads in a folder, and a power cord. The divider has pen and credit card holders, as well as a general purpose pocket. Overall I'm very pleased with the bag. It is very sturdy, the leather is thick, and it seems well constructed. One small issue is that you can see the grain and/or marks on the hide that still lightly show after the tanning process (almost like stretch marks on skin). You might see in the closeups what I'm talking about. This doesn't bother me but someone else might not appreciate it.

I have the same, in a darker brown, but without the strap. Lovely briefcase, insane value for an 'entry level' briefcase.

SHS

Reaction score
^^Nice. Could any of you please share some closeups of the stitching on the Henry Tomkins? It looks like they are a great value for the money.

Last edited:

rexet

Reaction score

LL
Hello, This briefcase is an Hermès Etrivière II and in Europe costs 3700 euro. It has the classic sellier three row hand stitch and buckle.
case-study-hermes-etriviere-meeting-38-bag_2.jpg
Thank you so much for this! Even if I kind of hoped you put an extra zero by mistake on the price :D

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great bags.

Anyone know an estimate price in the UK?

I hate to think.

The smaller bag, the Berluti "Deux Jours" (the one in the lower photo with two zips), was selling for GBP1200 or so a few years back, so I'd bet it costs substantially more now.

SHS

Reaction score
Yes, very nice. Did you tear down the fence behind you?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads