• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Briefcase Appreciation thread

joal

Reaction score
PeterEliot,

Tusting makes those for Levenger so they are very high quality.

athletics

Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Here is my contribution:

P1020624.jpg

P1020625.jpg

P1020626.jpg

Silly question, but which do you like better? Do you find each are better for different usages?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Filson is smaller,my laptop takes most of the space so it is only when I don't carry my laptop.SAB is much nicer,leather is not rough and can easily carry my laptop and other things and of course it's better made.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Filson is smaller,my laptop takes most of the space so it is only when I don't carry my laptop.SAB is much nicer,leather is not rough and can easily carry my laptop and other things and of course it's better made.

I'd like that Filson a lot more if the fittings were solid rather than plated.

- B

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I'd like that Filson a lot more if the fittings were solid rather than plated.

- B

I like Filson because it's not very bulky but the leather is very rough(I hope it will soften with time). I am sure they make it in solid,in retrospect,I guess I should have paid attention to it.

the.chikor

Reaction score
I like Filson because it's not very bulky but the leather is very rough(I hope it will soften with time). I am sure they make it in solid,in retrospect,I guess I should have paid attention to it.

Use Fiebings leather conditioner to soften it up and preserve it; or the conditioner of your choice.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is the same city where Brady Bags are made. It has a similar brass stud closure, I wonder if this is a prototype of some sort or made after hours by a leather worker?

Originally Posted by Tarmac
My first nice bag: no-name document case from ebay, made in Walsall England of bridle leather (not as useful as I thought, much smaller than it looks).

document_case.jpg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think these look cool but are way too ******* heavy to be practical for my needs. The perfect briefcase IMO is lightweight.

Here is my contribution:

P1020624.jpg

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I think these look cool but are way too ******* heavy to be practical for my needs. The perfect briefcase IMO is lightweight.

This is as practical as you can get when you have to carry a laptop and bunch of other documents.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is the same city where Brady Bags are made. It has a similar brass stud closure, I wonder if this is a prototype of some sort or made after hours by a leather worker?

As I understand it, Walsall is like the Northampton of English leatherworks (though less well-known), it could be made by any of the old makers there.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
As I understand it, Walsall is like the Northampton of English leatherworks (though less well-known), it could be made by any of the old makers there.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Practicality be damned, I'd carry the SAB with nothing in it if I could afford one.

should be chestnut..

Wow I really need to see these in person. Might be the lighting but the color looks nothing like this one:

copy9_dscf0010.jpg

joal

Reaction score
nate10184,

The one in the picture next to the filson is london tan whereas the one you posted is chestnut. That's why they look different.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads