• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Briefcase help - Recommendations wanted

fabrix

Reaction score
Hello StyleForum,

I am searching for my next briefcase in a "tobacco brown" color. Ideally, this is a thin day only briefcase, holds a laptop + paper pad and maybe a small lunch. I have ruled out folding briefcases (lock and number dial). I prefer something simple in design, maybe a couple of pockets. Messenger bags aren't my thing, so a flap that covers the entire front of the bag is out! A really like the Saddleback Leather thin briefcase, but its 17" large!!! Distressed leather is a little too casual for this ideal business briefcase. Hoping the great members here have some experience with quality briefcases that fit this description.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You say you don't like messenger bags, but you just posted two messenger bags.

Anyway, here's something very close to what I have, which would probably work for you. Mine is the single gusset, but it doesn't come in brown.

fabrix

Reaction score
Cpt Jeff, thank you for the response. I had messenger bags confused with the more satchel type look. I like how clean your bag is but would really like something with a strap

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has one, it's just not shown in the photos for some reason, though they do mention it in the description.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 60 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 115 33.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 104 30.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.4%
  • 9”

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%