• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Briefcase hardware

demo5

Reaction score
I was thinking of having a briefcase made to my specifications. I would like to get custom hardware for it, but I have no idea where I can find it. Preferably, I'd like to get 18 or 14 karat snap locks for the bag, otherwise, get generic metal squeeze locks and have them gold plated. Does anyone know of any companies that sell briefcase hardware? Tanner Krolle has a custom section, but I doubt they'll be willing to sell to me hardware without the purchase of an entire briefcase.

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of having a briefcase made to my specifications.  I would like to get custom hardware for it, but I have no idea where I can find it.   Preferably, I'd like to get 18 or 14 karat snap locks for the bag, otherwise, get generic metal squeeze locks and have them gold plated.  Does anyone know of any companies that sell briefcase hardware?  Tanner Krolle has a custom section, but I doubt they'll be willing to sell to me hardware without the purchase of an entire briefcase.
There was a lock company in England -- Cheney maybe or something else..let me check my gear and get back to you. If they're still around and all the stuff isn't being made in China, you might give them a call.

yeah it's Cheney -- they're on my globetrotter luggage and on some Gladstone bags I've got around here. If they're still in business you could try them.

tteplitzmd

Reaction score
I have several Tanner Krolle pieces, the hardware was actually Italian, but the company has changed a bit, I would not go custom, but check out Asprey, Tanner Krolle (London), and Swaine Adeney (London), many variations to choose from.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.