• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Briefcase Appreciation thread

Ian Clegg

Reaction score
I'm really loving my Frank Clegg English Briefcase in chestnut (note: this picture does not do it justice). At least once a day, I catch myself just sitting at my desk admiring it. Big shout out to @Ian Clegg --he and his family have been an absolute pleasure to deal with.

Thanks for the kind words!

Ian Clegg

Reaction score
Hello everyone Ian Clegg here again. Just wanted to thank everyone who has been reaching out and buying up some of our seconds. Again these bags are not defective but have some light marks on them from being used in photos shoots, press/wholesale samples. Reach out if interested. [email protected]

Also if anyone has any questions about bags or any recommendations of products they think the market might be lacking I'm all ears.

buy a painting

Reaction score
Hello everyone Ian Clegg here again. Just wanted to thank everyone who has been reaching out and buying up some of our seconds. Again these bags are not defective but have some light marks on them from being used in photos shoots, press/wholesale samples. Reach out if interested. [email protected]

Also if anyone has any questions about bags or any recommendations of products they think the market might be lacking I'm all ears.

Do you take custom commissions? I have a bag in mind I would like to order from someone skilled as you are.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Ive just posted this in our affiliate thread, but Im re/cross posting here as the biggest SF briefcase and attache thread and its a specifically about an attache Attache.

We are shooting our next workshop film next month. Its going to be our biggest film project to date, this time shot on 16mm film. We're going to show the making of a product we've been getting ready for the last year or so, a cedar framed attache case. The one we make for the film is going to be made with the Cuir de Russie leather we've been doing a lot of work with recently. As part of the film making project we have a Kickstarter campaign to run alongside it. We want to make the whole process as accessible to the whole community and in particular the people who enjoy our work, you guys our customers of course, but also the leather working community, so we have a dedicated Instagram account (@EquusAttache) for kickstarter backers, and various rewards, both stuff we make using the same Cuir de Russie but also prints of stills from the shoot and design process, photobooks, all sorts of interesting things. Take a look, it would be great to have you guys join in the process!

Heres a few photos

A pre-prototype made last year - lots of tweaks made since then!

_DSC6217__fullres 3.JPG
_DSC6220__fullres 2.JPG

and heres some from inside the workshops during the prototyping process, both wood and leatherwork. These are 35mm film, which is what we're using to document the processes

Attache_000015780024__fullres.jpg
Attache_000015780012__fullres.jpg
Attache_000015770002__fullres.jpg
Attache_000001860024__fullres.jpg

Charlie

Ian Clegg

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Ive just posted this in our affiliate thread, but Im re/cross posting here as the biggest SF briefcase and attache thread and its a specifically about an attache Attache.

We are shooting our next workshop film next month. Its going to be our biggest film project to date, this time shot on 16mm film. We're going to show the making of a product we've been getting ready for the last year or so, a cedar framed attache case. The one we make for the film is going to be made with the Cuir de Russie leather we've been doing a lot of work with recently. As part of the film making project we have a Kickstarter campaign to run alongside it. We want to make the whole process as accessible to the whole community and in particular the people who enjoy our work, you guys our customers of course, but also the leather working community, so we have a dedicated Instagram account (@EquusAttache) for kickstarter backers, and various rewards, both stuff we make using the same Cuir de Russie but also prints of stills from the shoot and design process, photobooks, all sorts of interesting things. Take a look, it would be great to have you guys join in the process!

Heres a few photos

View attachment 1018067 View attachment 1018068

and heres some from inside the workshops during the prototyping process, both wood and leatherwork. These are 35mm film, which is what we're using to document the processes

View attachment 1018072 View attachment 1018073 View attachment 1018076 View attachment 1018077

Charlie
Hi Guys,

Heres a few photos

View attachment 1018067 View attachment 1018068

View attachment 1018072 View attachment 1018073 View attachment 1018076 View attachment 1018077

Charlie
Excellent workmanship Charlie.

Cheers,
Ic

harryk387

Reaction score
I just ordered the Tolly briefcase from a company based out of Russia called Lefren. I hadn't read or heard much about them, but decided to take a chance after seeing a YouTube video that they posted of them making one of their briefcases. They are all handmade and they use English Bridle leather which is what I was looking for. I reached out to them via email and asked a bunch of questions. Vladimir, who I mainly corresponded with, responded very quickly and despite all of my questions and back and forth, was very attentive and was very helpful through the process. I had some minor special requests that they were able to accommodate and finally decided to pull the trigger. The final product is going to be the Tolly briefcase, in their Hazel color, with brass hardware. I opted to get the enlarged size, the shoulder belt and a rear open pocket. I was also able to request to have the strap holders in the front sewed on a bit lower so that the buckles that secure the straps down sit a bit lower on the front of the briefcase. So far it's been a very pleasant experience dealing with them. I can't wait to get my briefcase and share the pictures with all of you.

echo7tango

Reaction score
I just joined. Hello all. I got a Glaser Designs bag a few months ago. Two customizations: slightly thicker (or, “depth” if thinking length, height, and depth), and I went with Tenax fasteners instead of the snaps. Myron and Kari said mine is the first-ever like that, so it’s a bit unique. I took pictures of when it was brand new in the shop, and then about a month apart to watch the patina develop (yellow scratch-outs cover my name). I love this bag, its quality is excellent.
A2BE62D8-F1A7-45F1-A38F-C99F49DBE849.jpeg
3EBB3832-B232-487D-833D-D4429506193A.jpeg
D769C84F-FDE1-4760-8C13-CD54AB3300DC.jpeg
47B531EC-A4FC-4136-B275-4A4618E25A6C.jpeg
F56763CC-F6D0-462F-9514-41FB8B1AC585.jpeg
2D7C457E-81BB-47E5-B3CB-6E7C17D25AD2.jpeg

masayako

Reaction score
Very nice. Possible to take some interior pictures of the Glaser Designs bag?

takashi78

Reaction score
I just joined. Hello all. I got a Glaser Designs bag a few months ago. Two customizations: slightly thicker (or, “depth” if thinking length, height, and depth), and I went with Tenax fasteners instead of the snaps. Myron and Kari said mine is the first-ever like that, so it’s a bit unique. I took pictures of when it was brand new in the shop, and then about a month apart to watch the patina develop (yellow scratch-outs cover my name). I love this bag, its quality is excellent. View attachment 1025109 View attachment 1025110 View attachment 1025111 View attachment 1025112 View attachment 1025113 View attachment 1025114

That was fast, mine took at least a few months to age quite like yours.
Well mine usually is from home to car to office and back. LOL.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads